• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

I'm sort of surprised Legends got renewed given that I had read some articles about very low ratings, I mean low by CW standards even. Works for me though.

Saw Alita last night and figure this thread suits it better than the regular movie thread.

I'll start by saying I never read the graphic novel, since that seemingly has a strong impact on what people think about it, in that fans seem to really like the adaptation, while critics aren't buying it. I also didn't know going in that it was going to be a series, so that would have helped my expectations when it came to pacing.

I thought it was a decent origin story, and it definitely is just that: an origin story. It's just kind of beautiful mess. A lot of scenes seem forced and hammer you over the head with plot points, and it was very predictable, but the fight scenes look great, as you would expect.

Ali and the CGI for Alita are great, but everyone else seems like CW secondary character, in that they're not particularly good actors, especially given that their lines are kind of corny. The whole thing kind of watches like a VERY expensive CW show now that I think about it, so Id say if you enjoy those, you will enjoy this. I was personally pretty disappointed in Waltz' performance. Once it has been out longer, I will elaborate a little more.

All in all though, I liked it, and give it a solid B, especially in IMAX.

Last edited:
Has anyone watched any umbrella academy yet? I have not but maybe get some in over the weekend.

Doom Patrol premiered on DC Universe yesterday.

Been playing Spider-man on the PS4. Great game. I highly recommend it. Good story. Several intense emotional moments. Excellent gameplay. Some of the fights were exhausting. All the boss battles were challenging.

The highlight of the game is the open world Manhattan. The integration of real life and Marvel landmarks is amazing. I really think they could use this template for other games featuring NYC heroes. Daredevil would be the easiest.

I was enjoying Umbrella Academy well enough then a talking, intelligent chimp showed up. Now I'm 100% enthusiastically on board.

It does seem that Ellen Page is a well regarded actor and it may well be deserved, but I can't think of a role where she wasn't playing Ellen Page.

It does seem that Ellen Page is a well regarded actor and it may well be deserved, but I can't think of a role where she wasn't playing Ellen Page.

In Juno, she was heterosexual.

I thought JJ season 3 was happening. Oh well. I was a good run.

Been playing a lot of Spider-Man on the PS4 and I would love to see them figure out how to add these characters into that Manhattan.

Pretty sure jj3 is complete and will air this year but won't be renewed for a 4th.

4 episodes in to umbrella academy and I am enjoying it. I never read the comics so I'm enjoying flying blind.

Flash remains just ok for me though I am a few episodes back. Behind on arrow as well but it's also been just ok to me.

I'm 5 or 6 behind on the gifted. It's shown some promise and I've mostly enjoyed it. Can't find the interest to finish legion. Quite a few episodes on the DVR that I may not bother. Maybe watch them this summer. Maybe not.

Punisher has been ok I guess. Moving slowly through it. On 5 or 6. The religious cult bad guy seems like a copy of the bad guy from banshee for anyone that watched that.

The CW shows are off for another two weeks so this is time to catch up.

The CW shows are having a really weak second half. Arrow had a great first half that has become somewhat directionless after Oliver left prison. I'm intrigued to see how the past and future relate, however. Hoping for a strong finish.

For the Flash, Nora is just awful. I absolutely hate that character. Cisco and Ralph are probably the best characters on the show right now and word is that Cisco is leaving at the end of this season.

Really excited for the return of Cloak and Dagger. I thought that show was really strong in season one.

My opinion on Nora depends on how they stick the landing with her whole reason to come back and her connections to the future.

My opinion on Nora depends on how they stick the landing with her whole reason to come back and her connections to the future.

You would hope that it all plays into Crisis (meaning all the shows). I have to assume that's Nora's goal with Eobard manipulating her for some other nefarious intentions.

Heard Netflix cancelled them so the new Disney Chanel can pick them up. I really hope they do and quickly. I thought this past season of Punisher was really good. Would love to see Daredevil and Punish continue.

Umbrella is good. I was meh after ep 1 but it picks up and some actually pretty good acting performances mainly by the junkie dude and the kid.

Did not know that the original content was written by the My Chemical Romance dude. P silly.

Back