• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

If Feige announced tomorrow - "no more", I'd be at peace with that. Endgame was a perfect bookend to the 22 (inclusive) movies we've had so far. There are still billion dollar movies to make though, I'm at peace with that too.

If you're wondering whether to stick around for post-credits, then Google it. If, like every other prior time post-credits comes up, you want to say "but there's allllways post-credits"... Google it.

Not sure why I just thought of this, but I think we can safely assume Disney+ is going to debut in the Fall and Endgame will be the featured offering.

This was their Endgame the whole time. They collected properties like infinity stones and now they're going to get $6.99 a month from like half the households in the country.

I'm sure someone has made a meme of Mickey Mouse wearing an infinity gauntlet with Marvel, Pixar, Fox, etc.

Last edited:
Not sure why I just thought of this, but I think we can safely assume Disney+ is going to debut in the Fall and Endgame will be the featured offering.

This was their Endgame the whole time. They collected properties like infinity stones and now they're going to get $6.99 a month from like half the households in the country.

I'm sure someone has made a meme of Mickey Mouse wearing an infinity gauntlet with Marvel, Pixar, Fox, etc.

Ph reveals his doctoral thesis

CBM: Avengers: Endgame (no spoilers)

When I was in grad school, Blade was the pinnacle of the genre.

The NPR Morning Edition story on Endgame has some mild spoilers at least to the point where I turned it off. Can’t be messing with that. I don’t have much longer to wait.

I went to an award ceremony at my kids’ school. I remembered last year when IW debuted, I chaperoned a field trip. The teachers said several kids skipped school with their parents to see IW.

My local theater added a 9:30 am showing that wasn’t on the schedule on Tuesday. It’s about 80% full with people still filing in.

Last edited:
I had an afternoon meeting pushed to next week. I looked and did not expect to find any decent seats but found one random available seat at 1pm.

Can't wait.

Theater I was at last night had 24 screens and 18 of them were playing Avengers this weekend

If Feige announced tomorrow - "no more", I'd be at peace with that. Endgame was a perfect bookend to the 22 (inclusive) movies we've had so far. There are still billion dollar movies to make though, I'm at peace with that too.

If you're wondering whether to stick around for post-credits, then Google it. If, like every other prior time post-credits comes up, you want to say "but there's allllways post-credits"... Google it.

Completely agree. It was a fitting end to all the movies. IW had callbacks to each film. EG referenced almost every film specifically and I may have missed some references. This film was genius. I feel like the Russo’s TV roots came through. It was like a perfect two part season finale.

I’m guessing Far From Home will seems like a bonus episode before moving on to “Season 2.”

Endgame is a heavy, beautiful finale.

Heavy is a good description of how I feel right now.

My 10:55AM show had maybe 8-10 empty seats.

And agreed. This was a fantastic bookend to everything. Not sure where they go from here. Also unexpectedly emotional.

I'm guessing they announce the premiere dates for the next few films around Tuesday or Wednesday. They've announced Black Widow, The Eternals, and Shang-Chi along with the GotG, Strange, BP, and CM sequels.

Disappointing

IW far superior

Lame story

97% fan service

Last 20 minutes was like last 20 minutes of ROTK

MEH

That’s funny. I listened to a review that said causal Marvel fans would prefer IW and claim tying up so many loose ends would be fan service.

Current estimates are a $315-330M opening weekend. That would be more than each of the Phase 1 films (and several others) earned in their entire runs.

Last edited:
That’s funny. I listened to a review that said causal Marvel fans would prefer IW and claim tying up so many loose ends would be fan service.

Current estimates are a $315-330M opening weekend. That would be more than each of the Phase 1 films (and several others) earned in their entire runs.

I’ve watched every one of them, most more than once.

Richard Brody has an incisive review in the New Yorker

Last edited:
Goddamn random shit kid loudly dropped a MAJOR spoiler to his friend in conversation as I was walking past last night. I'm going to see it the afternoon. Briefly contemplated the amount of jail time punting the shit out of a random 8 year old would entail, and whether my satisfaction and his lesson learned would be worth it. Jesus. Educate your children, people. No spoiler discussion in public areas.

I’ve watched every one of them, most more than once.

Richard Brody has an incisive review in the New Yorker

I love that mutual nerdom brings you and ph together. Who says this country is irrevocably fractured?

Pretty sure I saw a story about a guy who was arrested for beating up someone who spoiled the film.

Good news is one random spoiler won’t ruin the film. So much happens.

It’s crazy that the highest grossing film of all time is going to be a nerdgasm about characters nobody had heard about over 11 years ago except for Hulk and Spider-Man. Studios had been trying for decades to make an Iron Man movie and Marvel Studios just did it and made history. Endgame should pass the total US box office from Justice League in the next few hours.

A few weeks ago, I passed a smoking hot blonde 18-20 year old woman wearing a cutoff Marvel shirt. No way a young woman like that would wear a shirt like that 20 years ago. Marvel has changed the culture.

Last edited:
Back