• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Just go back and search for posts around the season finale two years ago.

I did and could not find anyone who "pitched a fit". Was hoping you could point it out.

I read up on that Watchmen series. Doing a sequel of a mediocre film just seems like a bad idea. The film came out 10 years ago. It rushed through the source material. The word at the time was that Watchmen would make a better series than a film. I'd be more excited about seeing them do two or three seasons based on the source material and then moving forward with their own story, I guess like they did with GOT.

I'll take your word for it DeacHead. Not worth arguing over. I made a bad joke.

I read up on that Watchmen series. Doing a sequel of a mediocre film just seems like a bad idea. The film came out 10 years ago. It rushed through the source material. The word at the time was that Watchmen would make a better series than a film. I'd be more excited about seeing them do two or three seasons based on the source material and then moving forward with their own story, I guess like they did with GOT.

I'll take your word for it DeacHead. Not worth arguing over. I made a bad joke.

I guess the comic book movie thread is a good place to find someone that would prefer another remake of old source material than something semi-original.

I thought the movie was an excellent adaptation. The nihilistic doomsday narrative of the graphic novel actually married well to Synders gloomy gritty style (its unfortunate he chose to replay that style with Superman and on).

Lindelhof has done good and great work before (including producing the almost universally liked 2009 Star Trek reboot), and has articulated that he understands and respects the preciousness of the source material.

https://www.inverse.com/article/51099-watchmen-hbo-release-date-trailer-cast

Anyway, it looks pretty great. I know it probably won't have the writing chops or production value of CW's Arrow Season 6, but I 'm psyched for it.

There's a new Batman!

Don’t think I’ve ever seen one of his films. I like the idea they’re going young. I guess they’re doing a soft reboot of the DCEU.

Seems like Deadline may have been premature, I'm seeing other buzz that Pattinson is still only in consideration, along with Nicholas Hoult

Don’t think I’ve ever seen one of his films. I like the idea they’re going young. I guess they’re doing a soft reboot of the DCEU.

Check out Good Time. I really liked it, Pattinson is good in it, and the guy who plays is brother in it, who I think is also the director, is amazing.

Oh yeah. He was that dude in like the third or fourth film, right?

I enjoyed the Legends season finale. It was amusing to see the Monitor show up in every serious finale to pave the way for Crisis and then go to the Legends Amusement park and just stand in the audience, shaking his head at the terrible show they were putting on.

Just finished catching up on Legends. Great job tying everything together. Completely did not realize until now that Hank's dad was Biff Tannen.

Just finished catching up on Legends. Great job tying everything together. Completely did not realize until now that Hank's dad was Biff Tannen.

I was sad to see Tala Ashe (at least in her current form) go. She, Mick and John are my favorite characters. Her deadpan comic delivery is just great.

And yeah, watching the Monitor shovel popcorn while the Legends do something screwy was a nice touch.

As a whole, I'd put the ladies of the Legends at the top of collective hotness on tv now. Ava, for example, really has it going on (for me).

*Disclaimer - I don't watch any shows that are just pretty people being pretty, so I'm sure there are shows that surpass Legends in that regard.

Back