• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Swamp Thing trailers looked really bad.

Also saw this morning that Blade is likely headed to Hulu. Looks like they're going to have some individual seasons lead up to an ensemble Spirits of Vengeance series (a la Defenders) featuring Blade, Ghost Rider, et. al. with Morgan La Fey as the villain (after she's introduced in Runaways).

In positive news, Marvel's Avengers video game will be featured at E3 on Monday night. The word right now is that it will be both single and multiplayer and have regular updates. The comparison is Destiny. Not familiar with it but it looks like an interesting model.

I'd take just a re-skinned DC Universe Online, but I'm expecting more.

CBM: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD Season 6 premieres tonight

I think the expectations are very high after Spider-Man even though it’s a different property and different studio.

If Ultimate Alliance 3 is good, that just ups it more.

I remember downloading DC Universe Online and not being impressed. The trailer for it was awesome though.

Neat Easter egg connection between AOS and Captain Marvel.
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/0...iels-blackout-cameo-agents-shield-connection/

Last edited:
That DC Universe Online trailer is as epic as it was 9 years ago. I think my problem with it was that you couldn't play as the actual heroes. Hopefully Marvel's Avengers doesn't make the same mistake.

In that genre (MMORPG) you don't get to play as the signature heroes or villains. Batman has his own in-game lore so you can't play him. That's not a mistake, that's how those games work.

Speaking of that genre, City of Heroes is back from the ashes, kind of. Worth googling to see the story. This is certainly the game I've put the most hours into over the years.

Yeah. That's why I don't play in that genre. The Marvel Gaming Universe (yeah, that's what they're calling it) started with Spider-Man which excelled in giving us the ability to BE Spider-Man (and two other characters). It would be a mistake to build off that momentum by only giving us a chance to play WITH the Avengers. I don't think I'll be interested in a game where I'm expected to drop $10 every month or so to build a hero to play with the Hulk.

From what little info is out there right now, I'd like to see a game with single player missions for each Avenger (and I'm fine if it's just IM, Cap, Thor, Hulk, BW, and Hawkeye) and multiplayer modes where you're either randomly assigned a hero or play with your chosen hero and the rest of the team is AI if that's how it shakes out. I'd be fine paying for regular DLCs to play a game like that.

I like both playing ad the actual hero and creating my own. I remember when I first played DC universe online how I wished marvel would do the same thing

Marvel had Marvel Heroes that came out a few years later. It wasn't well-reviewed. I think it shut down last year or 2017.

Suicide Squad was on TBS so I watched it for the first time. What a waste. Everything about it was bad except Viola Davis made a damn good Amanda Waller. DC squandered their villain advantage over Marvel right out of the gate.

DC needs to just push the reset button. Fox should be a cautionary tale. They pioneered the genre with X-Men. They kept trying to recapture that magic and did a soft reboot and it basically ended with them doing the same story as X3 (which almost killed the genre) and finishing behind The Secret Life of Pets 2 opening weekend.

DC should just admit they screwed up and just say they’re restarting things. Keep some of the good casting but don’t build continuity from prior films.

And Shazam. They don't need a reboot at this time, just distance from Synder.

With Joker and The Batman aren’t they already softly rebooting the DCEU? Or are we going to play Elseworlds and multiple timelines? The whole thing is confusing.

I watched Dark Phoenix today. It was pretty forgettable. I have no idea why they kept the villain in the movie such a secret leading up to its release.

The 90's cartoon version was much better than this.

Saw Dark Phoenix. I didn't think it's quite deserving of all the hate it's receiving. I thought it was par for the course for the franchise, given that par is a low bar. The writers just don't seem to get the intricacies of the X Men universe, so they stick to the same old plot every time. Definitely some cool scenes, but it simply misses the big picture both from an over arching plot standpoint, and several individual character standpoints. Overall though, not awful.

I watched Dark Phoenix today. It was pretty forgettable. I have no idea why they kept the villain in the movie such a secret leading up to its release.

Not really a spoiler, but just to be safe:

Apparently they had to do MASSIVE reshoots because the original baddies were supposed to be Kree until they realized Krees were the baddies in Captain Marvel. They also had to do a lot of graphics reworks because, again, what they used for Phoenix's powers looked an awful lot like Captain Marvel's.

Last edited:
CBM: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD Season 6 premieres tonight

Geez. That’s bad. How did Fox not know they didn’t have the rights to the Kree? They were in Guardians of the Galaxy and a pretty big part of AOS.

Really looking forward to however many years it takes the MCU to incorporate the X-Men.

Endgame is being re-released with additional footage including post-credit scenes next week.
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/0...atrical-re-release-extra-footage-kevin-feige/

Last edited:
Geez. That’s bad. How did Fox not know they didn’t have the rights to the Kree? They were in Guardians of the Galaxy and a pretty big part of AOS.

Really looking forward to however many years it takes the MCU to incorporate the X-Men.

Endgame is being re-released with additional footage including post-credit scenes next week.
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/0...atrical-re-release-extra-footage-kevin-feige/

Translation: we haven't beaten Avatar yet but we'd really like to.

Seconded on X-Men joining the MCU.

Endgame is less than $45M away from Avatar worldwide. This could put them over the top.

Speaking of X-Men, Legion returns on Monday. Xavier is making an appearance.

And speaking of Legion, Aubrey Plaza has apparently been saying she'd like to play Catwoman in one of these DCEU films. Colbert gave her an opportunity to audition for the role. Warning: It is a somewhat uncomfortable mix of weird and sexy which is totally on brand for her.

The whole interview is worth a watch, but the Catwoman part starts at 6:50.

Remember when Endgame came out and we were yucking it up about how to deal with bathroom breaks since it was a 3ish hour movie?

Behold - the extended cut coming to theaters soon. Like, real soon.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/avengers-endgame-is-returning-to-theaters-real-soon-a-1835649149

Looks like they wanted to make 110% sure they shattered the Avatar box office.

ETA: After actually reading the article all the way through, I see it's not an extended cut, but rather a "more stuff" release. I guess we'll have to watch again to see what that entails.

Last edited:
Back