• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Episodes 1 & 10 of Punisher were the best in that season. I can definitely see why they delayed its release after Las Vegas. Episode 10 seemed to have a lot of gun rights debate tropes. Cowardly pro-gun control politician hiding behind security forces armed with guns was one. Security taking Karen's gun away so she didn't have a chance to defend herself/play good guy with a gun was another.

To cross quote nerd culture and paraphrase - "Marvel execs were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should"

Behold - the 31 hour Marvel marathon!!!!!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aven...-marathon-lasting-a-whopping-31-hours-a158639

Our local Muvico is now an AMC. I may consider this. I assume you can go back and forth. I’d love to start with Iron Man and come back and watch the Cap films and others I haven’t seen in awhile.

Confirmed that Infinity War runtime is 2:36. Plus previews and post-credits, we'll be sitting there for 3 hours. Don't buy the large soda.

Last edited:
Didn't think they needed another major trailer, and while I really like it, I hope it doesn't give too much away.

Btw, who is the guy shooting shards through Dr. Strange?

Didn't think they needed another major trailer, and while I really like it, I hope it doesn't give too much away.

Btw, who is the guy shooting shards through Dr. Strange?

Ebony Maw, one of Thanos' Lieutenants in the Black Order. They're fairly new, introduced in the Infinity series a few years ago. That image with Strange is straight from Infinity and a hint for a major plot point I won't mention.

Corvus Glaive is the guy taking Vision's stone.

Also, Proxima Midnight on the left, Black Dwarf on the right. I don't think we've seen Super Giant yet.

black-order.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know how long it's been around but am seeing this Comixology site is now owned by Amazon. This might be bad news for me - I'm gonna want to go back and re-read so many things from the period when I was into comic books and with the ease of the site being associated with Amazon I don't think I'll be able to avoid it. If nothing else I'll be able to finish some stories that I never got the ending to when I was 11.

New deadpool 2 trailer is out. Nice tease of one of his bigger associations.

That's a pretty good trailer. There are people in this film I thought weren't supposed to be in this film.

Krypton was a'ight. Felt more like a sci-fi series than a comic book series. No, just because it's on SyFy doesn't mean that's inherently the case.

There's a leak out there of the Venom plot. I read it because I don't really care about that movie. One word: wuh-ooof. This leak may well turn out to be bogus and lord I hope so.

The Deadpool trailer reinvigorated my interest. Not that I was a skeptic, but prior marketing just created a sense of "meh". Seeing Terry Crews especially turned the excite-o-meter up.

Don't know how long it's been around but am seeing this Comixology site is now owned by Amazon. This might be bad news for me - I'm gonna want to go back and re-read so many things from the period when I was into comic books and with the ease of the site being associated with Amazon I don't think I'll be able to avoid it. If nothing else I'll be able to finish some stories that I never got the ending to when I was 11.

Something I've noticed - Amazon sells graphic novels and collections. Sometimes I've seen Amazon have a sale that's not offered on Comixology. I don't know if they're seeking to eventually get 100% in sync, but it's worth checking both. If you buy the Kindle version on Amazon it becomes part of your Comixology inventory.

Krypton was a'ight. Felt more like a sci-fi series than a comic book series. No, just because it's on SyFy doesn't mean that's inherently the case.

There's a leak out there of the Venom plot. I read it because I don't really care about that movie. One word: wuh-ooof. This leak may well turn out to be bogus and lord I hope so.

The Deadpool trailer reinvigorated my interest. Not that I was a skeptic, but prior marketing just created a sense of "meh". Seeing Terry Crews especially turned the excite-o-meter up.

IRT Venom I wonder if the studio might not leak the script themselves to see just how negatively people react to it. I’ve heard nothing but negative feedback about that flick so far.

Like, how is it possible that Marvel is the only one capable of making good comic flicks?

IRT Venom I wonder if the studio might not leak the script themselves to see just how negatively people react to it. I’ve heard nothing but negative feedback about that flick so far.

Like, how is it possible that Marvel is the only one capable of making good comic flicks?

Weird right? What are the best non-Marvel comic book films since Iron Man debuted in 2008? TDK, TDKR, WW, Deadpool, Logan, Days of Futures Past, and maybe First Class. Am I missing any?

It's pretty amazing that no other studio has figured out how to do what Marvel has done. This weekend, Black Panther is set to pass The Avengers to be the highest grossing superhero film in North America and it's also set to pass Iron Man 3 as the highest grossing superhero film world wide.

You'd think some studio would have hired away from of the Marvel Studios talent by now.

I kinda see where he's coming from, but I disagree. I loved it last time I watched it. I do think Winter Soldier has had more legs than most MCU films for three reasons.

First, it's the first MCU film that was a real genre film beyond simply being a superhero film. It showed the range and potential of the MCU.

Second, the Russos were mostly known for their work on Community before this film. This film propelled them to direct Civil War and both Infinity films.

Third, Winter Soldier basically made Agents of SHIELD. The show has largely expanded beyond being parallel with the films, but the Hydra reveal was huge for that show. So if you watch AOS, Winter Soldier means that much more to you. The strongest portion of the show was the Winter Soldier aftermath.

Yeah it’s pretty astounding that JL landed with such a thud while Marvel is crushing it with Characters that were considered B level (even C level) just ten years ago.

Im finally watching Justice League tonight. My expectations are *Barry White voice* low

Yeah it’s pretty astounding that JL landed with such a thud while Marvel is crushing it with Characters that were considered B level (even C level) just ten years ago.

It’s nuts. Box Office Mojo has a list of all comic book adaptations from 1978 on.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=comicbookadaptation.htm

Batman V Superman is between Guardians of the Galaxy and Suicide Squad on that list. Two movies about characters nobody had heard of until the movie was announced made as much money as a movie featuring the three most well known comic book characters of all time.

And Justice League made about $100M less than that, barely more than Big Hero 6, an animated film about characters nobody ever heard of.

And to top it off, Black Panther made almost three times as much as Justice League domestic.

Positive reviews of the Cloak and Dagger pilot. People really liked the leads.
[h=1]‘Cloak and Dagger’ Review: Freeform’s Marvel Pilot Promises a Great Superhero TV Show [SXSW][/h]
IGN really liked it as well: http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/24/cloak-and-dagger-premiere-reaction

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/news/a852188/marvel-cloak-dagger-tv-show-premiere-reviews/
[h=1]The first reviews are in for Marvel's new series Cloak & Dagger – what's the verdict?[/h][h=2]"It feels exciting and significant. We're lucky to have it."

[/h]
Trailer #1

Back