• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Kids wanted to re-watch the eternals last night. A thought that occurred to me was about the heel turn. We saw that used recently, and better, by the boys. In the eternals it just felt like homelander light. Had they been first it may have helped how the story was perceived.

Anyone else been watching Peacemaker? It's unexpectedly entertaining. Loving the soundtrack too.

Yeah. James Gunn is very good at this. There’s a good avenue for DC to take the lead on hard R comic book TV shows. The MCU isn’t going to show nudity and extreme violence.

Anyone else been watching Peacemaker? It's unexpectedly entertaining. Loving the soundtrack too.

Loving it, just finished ep 4 and pretty impressed with how well they are integrating legitimate pathos with the reveal of Peacemakers back story. John Cena is perfect for this role

I've seen all 4 Peacemakers and it's so good. I never would have imagined that the most affecting performance for all the comic stuff that's come out over the past year (and it's a lot) would be from John Cena. I agree LK, the music is on point. They even included Nashville Pussy, I never would have expected them to have their music played in a DC tv series.

That sent me down a Google rabbit hole to see what's up with Corey Parks (Cherokee's sister) who was the band's bass player and a physical force of nature. She has a son playing at Durham Jordan now. He's 6'8 and ranked 243 in NC according to MaxPreps.

The opening title sequence is simply amazing. I would describe this show as what would happen if Johnny Lawrence from Cobra Kai became the Punisher. I had strong doubts about the viability of this show going in to it from Suicide Squad but it's incredible.

The opening title sequence is simply amazing. I would describe this show as what would happen if Johnny Lawrence from Cobra Kai became the Punisher. I had strong doubts about the viability of this show going in to it from Suicide Squad but it's incredible.

That's a perfect comparison. And I'm digging the 80's hair metal vibe in the intro.

Peacemaker is really hitting its stride. It’s still a tad one note, but it’s a great note.

Did they commit to adapting it? Or are you just referring to the comics event?

Yeah sorry, should have clarified. The comic event. It seems to me that the comic event is surely being done with some sort of adaptation in mind

Yeah sorry, should have clarified. The comic event. It seems to me that the comic event is surely being done with some sort of adaptation in mind

that seems like the easiest way to backdoor the X-Men into the MCU. I never really read much Eternals (though I just picked up Gaiman's run, which fits into the Civil War event), but have some experience with Inhumans. It could be interesting, right?

When I googled that Judgement Day business I realized after 4 decades of Marvel I've reached my "big event" saturation point, the summary description made me yawn. The only thing that was interesting to me was that Hickman was writing X-Men now. I might have to dig into that a bit.

Correction, er - 5 decades. Yeesh.

Back