• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

cheetara-2.jpg

Not cool.

There are a surprising high number of pictures of women dressed as Cheetara on the internet.

New clip of the end of Captain America and shots from the Avengers teaser.

The clip isn't a real spoiler to Captain America if you know anything about the character.

Amazing how dressing up like Cheetara makes women look like Lady Gaga.

i played hooky from work today and watched captain america. i thought it was pretty darn good. it had a little bit of everything (humor, action, story) and was a good version of cap. red skull was great and cap was portrayed pretty well. not exactly sure how i feel about scrawny steve rogers. it weirded me out a little but it was done pretty well for what they were trying to do.

loved the after credit video too.

Yeah, I got a reprieve from some stuff I thought was due next week, so I may have to play hooky and see it, too. Enough waiting.

During the day by myself is the only shot unless we get a babysitter. I've had a lot of stuff going on workwise although I was playing mafia to procrastinate.

1297 & I went to see Captain America tonight. Such a fun movie!!! And after seeing the teaser trailer at the end for the next Avengers movie, I can't wait for summer 2012!

It's amazing how far animation has come since I was a kid. I'll talk about it more later, but if you're into animation at all, do yourself a favor and watch Thundercats. I'm not sure how they're going to top it in half hour episodes from week to week. That was the beginning of a large-scale epic story. The review I posted was dead on. Wow.

I don't really have a good sense of what would be best for an 8-year old. I'm a little overly sensitive since mine is only 2. There are hand-to-hand fighting scenes, a large scale war, and both large violence (explosives killing multiple people) and individual character deaths.

I'd trust the reviews since they probably have a better bead on things. If it heads in the direction it looks like it's going to be a pretty deep show. Here's how one review put it:

In the original series, the ThunderCats’ foes were simply known as mutants (although they were reptilian in appearance) — in the updated show they’re called Lizards, a species that also inhabits Third Earth and has grown resentful of the Cats’ power and superiority. The series is certainly positioned to comment on larger themes of race, equality and globalization, and there are hints of those plot threads in the pilot, which will hopefully be explored further as the series progresses.

I'll add science vs. faith/mysticism to that list as well. If you feel comfortable discussing those themes week to week, I highly recommend it.

One more thing to add. The pilot ep may be a little overwhelming. I'm not kidding when I say it's epic in scale. It feels like a movie.

Last edited:
Thanks for the insights. I think I'll hold off as long as he's happy with the older ones. At this age it's pretty easy to steer him away from CN and to Boomerang.

Here is a screencap of the after-credits scene....

Is it just me, or does that look nothing like Chris Evans as Captain America, not even the same outfit....I guess it was updated or something...

But it doesn't look anything like him:

29ok2nc.jpg

That pic isn't much of a spoiler, but yeah. I see what you're talking about. Maybe that guy is a stand-in. They just needed some shots for a teaser. I don't think they're that far along in filming at all.

Back