• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Thor spoilers are fair game.

CBM: The Boys, Ms. Marvel finales; Thor: Love and Thunder

Thor spoilers are fair game.

I thought Thor being able to grant temporary Thor powers to team #kidsinacage was a cheap plot device that created a troublesome plot hole in past Marvel films. Since when has Thor been able to do that, and why hasn’t he done it before in past battles where his teammates needed help? All this time you got a team mate running around with a bow and arrow when you could have given him lighting hands?

I thought Thor being able to grant temporary Thor powers to team #kidsinacage was a cheap plot device that created a troublesome plot hole in past Marvel films. Since when has Thor been able to do that, and why hasn’t he done it before in past battles where his teammates needed help? All this time you got a team mate running around with a bow and arrow when you could have given him lighting hands?
Maybe he needed zeus' lightning bolt to be able to do that which he didn't have before. Mostly playing devils advocate here.

I thought he imbued the weapons with power like Odin did with Mjolnir. He said the same thing about being worthy.

It was a fun scene, one of my favorites and my 10 year old’s favorite. They’re really going all in with young Avengers.

Love and Thunder was like five different movies. I liked all the ones with Christian Bale and the last one with Natalie Portman. The Guardians stuff was terrible. Marvel has access to all the best technology is filmmaking, why did 90% of the movie look like absolute shit? Mediocre.

Love and Thunder was like five different movies. I liked all the ones with Christian Bale and the last one with Natalie Portman. The Guardians stuff was terrible. Marvel has access to all the best technology is filmmaking, why did 90% of the movie look like absolute shit? Mediocre.

There was a major problem of some cgi backgrounds being out of focus. I thought it was just a problem in my theater until I saw other people complain about it on twitter. It’s very distracting when suddenly your brain thinks your eyes aren’t focusing

Speaking of Plot holes, the Boys...

Soldier Boy can take away powers or kill depending on something but he cant control it. Somehow he doesnt kill Maeve or take away her powers. The Homelander vs Soldier Boy thing was dumb too.

Bad ending to a decent seasons.

Thor was fine. It was no Ragnorak, but it was fine.

Soldier Boy can take away powers or kill depending on something but he cant control it. Somehow he doesnt kill Maeve or take away her powers. The Homelander vs Soldier Boy thing was dumb too.

It did take her powers. So I assume she absorbed the blow with her powers, then it took them.

Last edited:

I figured he could only do it with other Azgardians, but it still doesn't explain why he never did that while Hela was causing problems.

pretty sure he did take away her powers.

also didnt like the Homelander/Butcher lack of resolution. their plan works perfectly then all of a sudden they decide not to follow through with it?

Between Wanda, Gor, and Butcher, these kids are causing all sorts of problems that put the entire world/worlds at risk.

Last edited:
Kevin Feige said something a few weeks ago about it being clear where Phase 4 is headed.

Every show and film in Phase 4 has introduced or featured a young hero, Young Avengers from the comics, or a child with powers. We know 3 of the next 4 films will have young heroes. So that’s one of them.

The Boys finale was unsatisfying and bad IMO, I think it killed the shows momentum.

Then how did she survive the fall?

Because clearly Soldier Boy's power taking away abilities don't immediately take effect. Also, who gives a shit?

I was fine with the finale. Enjoyed the shooting the guy on 5th avenue ending -- I dig how on the nose it all is.

I started watching The Boys last week. I'm almost done with Season 2. It's on the nose from the first episode. Hard to believe it gets that much more on the nose in Season 3.

It does. All the incels got mad about it this year for the first time and are review bombing it now. They're so dumb and oblivious that it took the creators coming out and saying Homelander is Trump for them to get it.

You’ve got to be spectacularly dumb not to see Homelander as an unredeemable villain. But the show gets ahead of that by saying the supes are like cops.

Aya Cash as a likable hot Nazi does fuck with you though. Gotta admit that’s one reason it took me awhile to watch the show.

Finished Season 2. If the incel crowd didn’t see themselves in the shooter, that’s a major lack of self-awareness.

Last edited:

The big weakness in the Disney+ MCU shows is the last episode is relatively clunky in terms of story and action. Just something is off with them. Hawkeye was the best if only for getting the Kingpin. Loki was an exposition dump.

Ms. Marvel was ok but better than most of the others. The end is pretty clear how it sets up the future of the MCU. It’s probably one of the biggest if not the biggest reveal of Phase 4. People are either going to hate it or love it. There is a post credits scene people will love or hate too.

Avoid spoilers.

Last edited:
Back