• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

i thought the finale was fine but yeah, necessary set up. why not just use the credit (mid and end) to do the set up stuff instead? like iron man 1

That's basically what they did. The last scene of the show was the big reveal. Then the mid-credits set up The Marvels.

Nah. The story was over. It was the last scene of the show.

Finished watching the Boys. It's very good. I'm not sure if I'd like it more or less watching one ep a week and reading think pieces on it and such. Watching it all at once made it easy to digest a lot of the actions without consequences (like nothing ever happened due to Starlight taking out her tracker) and why Homelander bothers to keep Butcher, Starlight, and Hughie alive most of the series. If supers are so beloved, why are supe kids hard to get forever homes? Did Madelyn use supe DNA to father her son?

I enjoyed the obvious political references. Stormfront as a meme lord was great. Vought Media's spin is always good. I did feel they got more overt in Season 3, but not in an annoying way like other media have done. I can't explain why they've done this so much better than others over the last 6 years, but they have.

Season 3 had quality character development for all the main cast, especially MM who wasn't given much to do aside from the team the first two seasons.

San Diego Comic-Con is this weekend. Marvel has a session tomorrow. It's not expected to be as big as the one coming up at D23. The Black Panther: Wakanda Forever trailer should debut at the session and be public by Monday. There is supposed to be some She-Hulk stuff too. Maybe some news about Secret Invasion. There is a rumor that Chloe Bennett will be reprising her role as Quake from AOS in one of the D+ shows, similar to Kingpin and Daredevil coming over from the Netflix shows as similar but different characters.

There's also an animation session with news about What If? season 2, X-Men '97, and Marvel Zombies. There was already a panel for Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur which will be on the Disney Channel. It was created by Laurence Fishburne and has an interesting group of guest voices lined up including Cobie Smulders, Allison Brie, and Wesley Snipes.

https://www.etonline.com/wesley-sni...l-and-devil-dinosaur-see-first-look-exclusive

I am Groot premieres on August with five shorts

What If? Season 2 drops in early 2023.

X-Men ‘97 will have some major additions to the main team including Magneto as the leader. It’s set for 2023.

Spider-Man: Freshman Year is presumably set in the MCU but looks very different and has teen heroes that will attend Peter’s high school but no MJ and Ned. Charlie Cox will be playing Daredevil.

Marvel Zombies and Spidey come out in 2024.

HUGE, HUGE, HUGE NEWS FROM SDCC!!!

Last edited:
I raised my eyebrows when Endgame mentioned underwater earthquakes as a clear allusion to Namor, but I'm going to need a full explanation of this country's shoreline getting invaded:

aOQPo43_700bwp.webp

There may be very valid reasons, maybe they're allies of Somalia, who knows, I just hope they share them.

Pickle, thanks for putting it all together. I was out last night and this was a great quick recap.

The Wakanda Forever teaser trailer was emotional, epic, and told us almost nothing. The transition from Marley to Kendrick from mourning to action. The water birth. The flooding. The Queen’s speech.

No problem! I was going nuts last night.

And I say this knowing everyone might not follow through with it...but I still haven't seen Thor: Love and Thunder...I'm planning on going to a matinee this week. IF POSSIBLE if you guys can discuss the new reveals without mentioning major spoilers from Thor 4, that would be cool....but I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND if not possible. Just throwing it out there...maybe use Spoiler tags? Even though I know spoiler time has passed a while back...I've done well in skipping spoilers so far. But again, no worries if you need to mention something from Thor 4 to discuss the following info.

At first it really didn't seem like there was anything new, just a new title for Agatha, info on Guardians 3, small news from Ant-Man at 9:00pm when the panel was supposed to end, with the expected Wakanda Forever supposedly coming on a little late.

Then they dropped the Fantastic Four date, everyone flipped, then the image of Phase Six dates, which they then filled in with Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, everyone double flipped, and then the HUGE reveal (which I think everyone expected was coming up in the future, but the immediacy and actual date really surprising people) of Avengers: Secret Wars....then to end it all, the Wakanda Forever panel, with emotional talk of Chadwick's passing and how this film not only uses that reverence, respect, and love for him to influence their performances, but also brings out their passion, and then the teaser/trailer drop.

So Phase Five will end with THUNDERBOLTS, which seems like it will be an Avengers-like villain team-up movie. And with Captain America: New World Order it seems like Anthony Mackie's Captain America could be integral to both.

Not only do we get Fantastic/ Four in 2 years, but within a year of that we get not ONE, but TWO Avengers films, both of which are 6 months apart!?!?

Marvel's going to be raking in the dough in 2024-25. There's perhaps even another 1 or 2 films in the Phase Six lineup, which I thought would be obvious, but it's crazy to think they'd pack even more films into that 1 year window. Do we think all of the other Phase Six dates are Disney+ shows? That too would be a lot of Disney+ shows to fill in 1 year. So it's probably going to be a mix of films/shows. Marvel could be looking at $8-$10 Billion in 2024-25, with Fantastic Four and the Avengers movies approaching, or probably surpassing, $1.5-$2Billion each. I figure F4 will be $2B+, same with Secret Wars, and depending on the run-up to the Phase Six stuff, Kang Dynasty could top it as well.

So Fantastic Four will bring in Doom, who based on its proximity, will be the one who brings about Secret Wars as opposed to The Beyonder version (maybe?).

What else do we think could show up in Phase Six?

Even though they've got dates set for both Avengers movies in 2025, I have a feeling one or both will be delayed...no way they can fit a whole Phase in 1 year....or can they? I think they just wanted to get those titles out in the air, but didn't want to dull the effect on fans or shareholders by putting them 4 years away in 2026 or later.

If they DO delay one or both Avengers movies, gotta think potential Phase Six films are Dr Strange 3, Black Panther 3 due to his importance in the first incursion storyline, apparently Shang-Chi & The Wreckage of Time (see below), and I WOULD HOPE, an X-Men/Mutants/Deadpool film...plus maybe some of the following titles:

Marvel applied for some trademarks recently, which may be films, shows, or comics titles:

- Nomad
- Shang-Chi & The Wreckage of Time
- Black Knight: Origins
- Eternity Wars
- Midnight Suns
- Avengers Academy
- Celestials: End of Time

Also, potentially a Midnight Sons/Suns film or show with the potential addition of Punisher in Daredevil: Born Again, with Moon Knight, Blade, maybe a new Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, etc.

Per Wikipedia, info on the comics versions that could impact the films or shows:

A different incarnation of the team was featured in Marvel Zombies 3 and in Marvel Zombies 4, debuting in 2008 and 2009 respectively.

In February 2017, Moon Knight artist Greg Smallwood expressed interest in a revamped version of the Midnight Sons, featuring a team composed of Moon Knight, Blade, Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange, Punisher, Daimon Hellstrom, Jennifer Kale and Hannibal King.

In June 2022 a new limited series was announced for a September 2022 release entitled Midnight Suns. The series will be written by Ethan Sacks with art by Luigi Zagaria. The roster will be made up of Blade, Kushala the Spirit Rider, Magik, Wolverine, Nico Minoru and Zoe Laveau.

Ok, so now to Wakanda Forever

Who is in the Blank Panther suit at the end of the teaser? It features a lot of gold accents, even more than the Killmonger suit, so I'm not sure if it'd be him (who knows how they'd get him back in it)....the legs/calves seem very dainty/thin so I think it's Shuri, though she's pretty short, so not sure. Didn't seem large enough to be M'Baku. What's everyone else's thoughts?

Last edited:
The safe bet is Phases 7-9 will be the Mutant Saga or the X Saga or something like that. They seeded enough at the end of Ms. Marvel to slow play in for the next few years then go all in with X-Men in 2026 which is less than four years from now. I would expect Phases 5-6 to introduce a few key players, maybe establish that Xavier is running a school for mutant kids, establish the Senitel program and further establish fear of powered children, and establish Magneto and a few villains.

If they're basing this on the comics, then I would bet good money that it's Shuri donning the suit while TChallah is off gallivanting with the Illuminati

The safe bet is Phases 7-9 will be the Mutant Saga or the X Saga or something like that. They seeded enough at the end of Ms. Marvel to slow play in for the next few years then go all in with X-Men in 2026 which is less than four years from now. I would expect Phases 5-6 to introduce a few key players, maybe establish that Xavier is running a school for mutant kids, establish the Senitel program and further establish fear of powered children, and establish Magneto and a few villains.

what's interesting is that they haven't retconned the Inhumans out of the MCU, so presumably some of the Inhuman-human drama from Agents of SHIELD exists, too? (I still need to finish that show. I heard it ends well, but the penultimate season is miserable and I quit.)

No problem! I was going nuts last night.
So Fantastic Four will bring in Doom, who based on its proximity, will be the one who brings about Secret Wars as opposed to The Beyonder version (maybe?).

My speculation is that Kang is the Beyonders proxy. They may well introduce the Beyonders (potentially bad news for Celestials) still but it seems like a lot to include. I'll predict Kang Dynasty is analogous to "Time Runs Out". I'll put this in spoiler just for safety, though, again, it's pure speculation.
Kang Dynasty concludes with the end of all universes. Post-credit shows a new world created and introduces us to - GOD EMPEROR DOOM

Sandman is what's causing peak nerding out for me. I thought this was great, Neil walking us through the trailer.

He seems genuinely excited and, I don't know why, but I think it's genuine from him. He may well just be excited for how this will afford him a countryside castle in Derbyshire on Spey.

Back