• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

So I've caught up to where I am in the show with The Sandman audio-book, and wow are the complaints about the adaptation petty. They changed the gender and/or race of a couple characters, but again, if that's something that really bothers you then you're kinda missing the big picture. The plot is still as close to a chapter by chapter breakdown as you can get. The only thing particularly different so far in that regard is them dancing around not being able to use DC characters or places (which could also explain the gender/race changes). You don't get Arkham or it's residents, you just get an insane asylum with crazy people who are VERY similar to their DC counterparts. You don't get Gotham, you just get NYC or some other city.

For those interested in audio-books, the adaptation is revered as a triumph and I have really enjoyed it. It is theatrical, so you get as much scene building as possible without having the pictures. I'm usually not a fan, but I'm digging this.

I would have gone with the graphic novels, but it's proving considerably more difficult to locate a coherent box set for a reasonable price than I would have thought. I'm terrified of accidentally googling spoilers, so if anyone has read the graphic novels and happens to have a link to the entire box set for < $400, if you could please send it to me, I'd appreciate it.

Sandman show is excellent. I listened to most of the audiobook, which is great (but then I stopped commuting to work) and wondered how they would handle the diner scene on screen and they nailed it. Great episode.

I’m three episodes into Sandman and it’s fine. I’m not really invested in the story. If I hadn’t been hearing how great the comic is, I probably wouldn’t keep watching. It was weird to be somewhat familiar with Johanna’s storyline from watching Legends.

I'm still early in Sandman, too early to really comment. I'm loving it, but that's all for now.

Constantine is available IP-wise, he's a DC property and any DC property could be up for grabs, the higher ups no doubt drew the line to stay away from Martian Manhunter, for example. I'm so early on I don't know if John Dee gets name dropped as Dr. Destiny or not, his story is in progress for me. I was taken aback by the pronunciation of Constantine, they're saying TYNE as opposed to TEEN, like the Arrowverse shows. I went Googling to see which was right and there was actually an Easter egg I missed in the crossover event where Lucifer shows up. He meets John and calls him ConstanTYNE and John corrects him with ConstanTEEN. Apparently in the comics the former is specified as correct.

I may check out one series of the audio books. As a comics fan, the art is as important as the text to me so I've never considered just listening to a story but DW you're not the only one that's raved about those. In the "shoulda known better" category I did a cleaning out of my comics where a friend of mine, with good EBay rep, listed my comics, which included all my Sandmans. I got Gaiman to autograph 1-10. Fetched a decent price but nothing like what it'd be today.

I don't know if John Constantine is available. They retired the character for the last season of Legends. Matt Ryan played a different character all together. He also played Constantine in Harley Quinn. There may be some sort of embargo on live action Constantine. It looks like they're avoiding/changing/not naming DC characters all together as to not intersect with other shows/films like the Arrowverse and Lucifer.

Thanks to demonwolverine for repping me The Sandman hits it's stride in episodes 4, 5, and 6. Ep 5 was brilliant but it wasn't enough to keep me going with the show. But ep 6 finally got me invested in Dream from seeing him from the eyes of characters who were invested in him. That was brilliant storytelling in a very different way.

Just finished The Sandman Season 1. Brilliant stuff.

I’m hoping we get a lot more of Death next season. Her 30 minute segment was easily the peak of the season for me.

I didn’t really like the show until she came in and made Dream interesting and basically laid out the main thesis of the show.

She-Hulk was good. I wish it was a two episode premiere so we could go ahead and get past the origin story.

She-Hulk was good. I wish it was a two episode premiere so we could go ahead and get past the origin story.

Why is the CG so damn bad, though?? Ang Lee’s Hulk bad! The Hulk battle scene was hard to watch…

Pretty good otherwise, though!

It's time we come to accept that Marvel cuts corners on CGI, even for blockbusters like Black Panther (see: battle rhinos).

See all the stories about VFX houses doing rush jobs for Marvel and Marvel considering building an in-house VFX team. They were updating the first trailer after it had already been released.

CBM: Sandman on Netflix; I Am Groot and She-Hulk on Disney+

The Sandman added one more episode. It’s just kind of 2 little side stories that don’t really have anything to do with the main plot other than involving Dream.

I’m nervous that they haven’t been signed to a second season yet.

Cool. I saw a rumor about that because there was a Netflix promo with footage that wasn’t in the show.

Episode 11 was a nice addition to the show. I enjoyed both stories. I'd definitely like more like the second. As I said above, Dream is best when seen from the perspectives of those who are invested in him.

Last edited:
She-Hulk Episode 1 was originally Episode 8 of 9.

https://thedirect.com/article/she-hulk-episode-1-marvel-changes

This makes sense in so many ways.

The next to last ep of MCU shows has been an origin or reflexive ep about a main character.

This episode was originally supposed to air in October which would have given the VFX folks about two more months to complete a very effects heavy ep. So perhaps the complaints from VFX folks about shifting deadlines was about this switch.

It may explain why Jen is prosecuting against the law firm the promos show she works for. It may explain why Titania is just a cameo at the end.

Finally started Ms. Marvel last night with my daughter. Watched the first two episodes. It is a much better show so far than She-Hulk. Haven't finished Moon Knight yet either but it hasn't really interested me so far.

She-Hulk Episode 1 was originally Episode 8 of 9.

https://thedirect.com/article/she-hulk-episode-1-marvel-changes

This makes sense in so many ways.

The next to last ep of MCU shows has been an origin or reflexive ep about a main character.

This episode was originally supposed to air in October which would have given the VFX folks about two more months to complete a very effects heavy ep. So perhaps the complaints from VFX folks about shifting deadlines was about this switch.

It may explain why Jen is prosecuting against the law firm the promos show she works for. It may explain why Titania is just a cameo at the end.

Interesting...

I'm about halfway into Sandman and just watched the episode with Death. That one was very tough to handle.

Easily the best. It hooked me in. That seems to be the consensus out there.

Back