• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Bless you. Bless you. Avengers has helped sooth the pain of Wolverine and the X-Men only getting one season after Marvel was bought by Disney. That cartoon was excellent. Even after one season, they had an expansive universe and good characterization of several staples. Even Cyclops was somewhat tolerable.

I highly recommend Avengers and Young Justice. Young Justice is basically a Teen Titans cartoon, but much different than the Teen Titans anime-ish cartoon from several years ago. It's 9 eps in and very promising. It's re-running at 7:00 on Friday on Cartoon Network, right after Batman: Brave and the Bold. There was a hilarious ep of B:BatB that featured Superman that played off the website superdickery.com.

I hate almost every characterization of Cyclops in the movies and cartoons. He's almost always a whiny brat. The way he's been written ever since hd took over the X-men has been excellent in the books.

Bless you. Bless you. Avengers has helped sooth the pain of Wolverine and the X-Men only getting one season after Marvel was bought by Disney. That cartoon was excellent. Even after one season, they had an expansive universe and good characterization of several staples. Even Cyclops was somewhat tolerable.

I highly recommend Avengers and Young Justice. Young Justice is basically a Teen Titans cartoon, but much different than the Teen Titans anime-ish cartoon from several years ago. It's 9 eps in and very promising. It's re-running at 7:00 on Friday on Cartoon Network, right after Batman: Brave and the Bold. There was a hilarious ep of B:BatB that featured Superman that played off the website superdickery.com.

I'd been ignoring Young Justice because I hated Teen Titans for its anime style. But I did watch the last one and it was much better than TT. I also watched Batman: B&B for the first time. I guess it's a comedy of sorts? Or at least an homage to the pre-modern age Batman where he was goofier. In the ep I just watched, they were in the jungle and Bat-Ape saved the day. So... yeah...........

I was skeptical of B:BatB for awhile and stopped watching, but they've done a great job of mixing in serious episodes with joke episodes. It's basically an extended homage to the Batman legacy and it has a very deep bench of DC characters. I'm not a comics guy, but when I look up some of the characters, they've barely been in the comics or haven't been featured prominently since the 40s, 50s, or 60s. It's not just Batman vs. The Joker every week.

Young Justice is fantastic. Probably my favorite animated series since Justice League Unlimited.

I'm stunned Thor has gotten great reviews. It looked HORRIBLE! I was certain it was going to be garbage.

There's no hint of a storyline in the trailers. It's basically some blonde guy with a hammer and Natalie Portman. The special effects look passable, but not enough to carry a movie. I don't know a ton about Thor. If I knew nothing, I'd have no reason to watch this movie other than knowing it fits in somehow with the Iron Man movies.

If it's a great movie, they're doing a poor job marketing it.

Edit: Checked RT again and it's up to 93% fresh. I wasn't going to see it on opening day but I'm very curious now.

Last edited:
As a lifelong Thor enthusiast (starting from about age 7), the plot is pretty clear to me via the trailers. Basically, Loki starts some trouble, actually pretty much the plot to episodes 25 and 26 of that Avengers series I linked to earlier in the thread.

I don't know that's the plot, but previews show the The Destroyer and some other familiar Asgardian foes, so someone that's read literally hundreds of the comics over the years can piece an outline together from the previews.

Interestingly, Thor wasn't the only movie opening in Australia, "Fast Five" opened the same weekend. I've lost track of that franchise, but adding Dwayne Johnson has reinvigorated my interest. It's doing slightly better at the box office than Thor in Oz.

Yeah DH, I'm talking about the average moviegoer. The ones who turned Iron Man into a huge hit. Still the plot as you've outlined it is likely. Big bad hero is wronged by somebody close to him (brother, friend, father, business partner, friend's dad, colleague). Hero opposes former friend. Former friend becomes/creates bigger badder villain. Hero fights villain. Hero wins.

And there I've outlined the main plots to all three Spiderman movies, both Hulk movies, and Iron Man along with the War Machine subplot in Iron Man 2 and likely Thor.

Thought you guys might like this. Marvel shows coming to Netflix Streaming:

Coming April 29
The Incredible Hulk (1996-1997): Season 1
Spider-Man Unlimited
Iron Man: Extremis
Astonishing X-Men: Gifted
Spider-Woman: Agent of S.W.O.R.D.
Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes
Silver Surfer
Black Panther: The Animated Series
Iron Man: Armored Adventures: Season 1

Coming throughout the summer
Marvel Action Hour: Iron Man (1994-96)
The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes! Season 1 (2010)
X-Men Evolution (2000-3)
X-Men (1992-7)
Spider-Man (1994-‘98)
Spider-Man (1967-‘68)
Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends (1981)
Spider-Man (1981-‘82)

Coming in the fall
Iron Man (1966)
Thor (1966)
Captain America (1966)
Hulk (1966)
Sub-Mariner (1966)

Some of those are motion comics. It's an interesting format.

I have to admit, I am intrigued by the new X-Men trailer.

Yeah DH, I'm talking about the average moviegoer. The ones who turned Iron Man into a huge hit. Still the plot as you've outlined it is likely. Big bad hero is wronged by somebody close to him (brother, friend, father, business partner, friend's dad, colleague). Hero opposes former friend. Former friend becomes/creates bigger badder villain. Hero fights villain. Hero wins.

And there I've outlined the main plots to all three Spiderman movies, both Hulk movies, and Iron Man along with the War Machine subplot in Iron Man 2 and likely Thor.

I imagine it'll be Thor's origin story, where he is banished from Asgard because of his arrogance, ending up on Earth where he'll learn to care about the humans and develop humility, in the end coming to Earth's rescue as Loki attempts to destroy in one of his evil plots.

I like Thor a lot as a character, especially his recent resurgence in the books. He is, however, a really predictable character...at least more so than the others.

Haven't seen the footage, but I hold no hope for that one. I think it's just hard to build a franchise around an intergalactic police force of people in green suits who fight with green weapons. It's visually tough to pull off. I think he'd be a fine support character in a Justice League movie, but this is going to be tough. The Green Lantern Corps animated feature wasn't that good and the Green Lantern Corps eps of JLU weren't all that great either. I like the big pig looking guy though.

Edit: Just saw the 4 minutes of footage. Not nearly as bad that I thought, but I'm going to wait to see reviews before getting excited.

Interestingly, the video game looks decent. The diversity of the attacks is intriguing.

Trailer

Gameplay

Last edited:
I think this question would be appropriate here. Not superhero related but close enough.

Has anyone heard any buzz about "Falling Skies", a series that will be coming out on TNT next month? Looks like it may be a decent alien invasion substitute for the cancelled and sucky "V" and the sucky and about to be cancelled "The Event". I'll certainly check it out.

Two minute preview:

Depending on how meetings and my desire to do work go, I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

Looks like the haters have come out and Thor is down to 83% on RT after being at 93% earlier this week.

It was good. People won't like it as much as they liked Iron Man, but the story was good, and I thought most of the people were spot on. The one exception is Anthony Hopkins as Odin. I thought he was terrible at playing Odin, although it could have been the director's fault rather than Hopkin's.

Either way, overall I came away satisfied and excited for Captain America in July. Marvel continues to do a really good job putting out entertaining movies that will appeal to long time fans and casual observers. The three non-nerds with me enjoyed it.

And, as always with Marvel, stick around after the credits roll.

Back