• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Yeah he was an exec producer on Iron Man and one of Jon Fav's homies.

If true, this is a good reason to follow Far From Home's box office numbers.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...m-home-fails-to-make-1-billion-154856581.html

There’s a lot riding on Spider-Man: Far From Home for Marvel Studios for if it fails to make $1 billion it will lose the right to have creative control over the third film.
That’s according to a new report delivered by the entertainment industry newsletter The Ankler, which claims to have details regarding Sony’s deal with Marvel Studios.
“The original Sony/Marvel/Spidey deal to co-produce these movies stipulated that if this Spidey cleared a billion, Marvel would get to oversee a third,” Richard Rushfield writes.
“If it hadn’t, full control would have reverted back to Sony.”
Luckily the Spider-Man sequel has already made over $600 million in its first week of release which means it is pretty much guaranteed to top $1 billion by the end of its theatrical run.

8 MCU films have made over $1B worldwide including Captain Marvel ($1.13B). FFM is tracking right behind it.

Last edited:
what determines a film's theatrical run length

Not sure. I think it's just individual theaters determining which films are more profitable. I went with my wife to see Endgame last weekend. She hadn't seen it yet. There were about 15-20 people in the theater. That's probably more than would have seen Dark Phoenix for example.

yeah, plus disney locks theaters into longer runs.

not quite a billion? what if they pull a Endgame and re-release it with some extra footage?

yeah, plus disney locks theaters into longer runs.

not quite a billion? what if they pull a Endgame and re-release it with some extra footage?

Sony is "they" in that scenario.

Forbes is projecting it could reach $875M worldwide by the end of the weekend.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...tops-justice-league-and-ant-man-and-the-wasp/

Presuming a $710 million cume by tonight, it'll be right between Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($709 million) and Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($714 million) as it continues to attempt to be the first Spider-Man movie to top $900 million and (presumably at this juncture) $1 billion. If, and this is a big "if," Far From Home continues to earn triple its domestic figure overseas, a $280 million 14-day domestic cume could give Spider-Man 2 version 3 a $875 million global cume by Sunday night.

Last edited:
Great news. Based on the info in that link, I'm guessing Thor 4 will be the May 7, 2021 release. Seems like the Feb, May, and Nov 2021 releases could be Black Panther 2, Thor 4, and Doctor Strange 2. That would be 3 years since BP1, almost 4 years since Thor 3, and 5 years since DS.

More appropriate for Star Wars, no doubt, but close enough related to comics that I'm not going to bother finding the other thread.

Today I learned that JJ Abram's co-writer for SW:TROS also wrote (and this is true) - Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice and Justice League. Ooof, hopefully the space battles are cool at least.

More appropriate for Star Wars, no doubt, but close enough related to comics that I'm not going to bother finding the other thread.

Today I learned that JJ Abram's co-writer for SW:TROS also wrote (and this is true) - Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice and Justice League. Ooof, hopefully the space battles are cool at least.

Ugggh. Didn't want to know that. Should have stuck with Rian Johnson.

Now they've got me. From SDCC

CBM: Spider-Man: Far From Home (spoilers)

Some Avengers video game gameplay leaked yesterday. Along with the gameplay leak from E3 it looks good, probably close to Spider-Man.

Phase 4 announcements coming out slowly. Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is the Feb 2021 release.

Full Phase 4 slate including Disney+ shows.

Last edited:
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings? Are they going to use the Mandarin as the villain of that movie?

Yep. He’s played by a big time Hong Kong actor.

some thoughts:

-that eternals cast is fucking insane. i don't know who any of the characters are, but i'm pumped for it
-real mandarin yessssssss
-scarlet witch is gonna be in the doctor strange movie. apparently the events of wandavision (the tv show) impact the movie
-that thor logo, you guys
-NATALIE PORTMAN AS THOR, YOU GUYS
-feige confirmed that fantastic four is coming (along with black panther 2, guardians 3, and capt marvel 2)
-BLADEEEEEEE

oh also, apparently they're describing Doctor Strange 2 as a horror movie, which... okay, interesting

that movie could be a lot of fun, especially if it goes as hard into multiverse stuff as the title suggests

interestingly, there's only 3 confirmed release dates that aren't attached to movies (2/18/22, 5/6/22, and 7/29/22)

if blade is taking up one of them, that still leaves 4 movies (bp2, gotg3, cm2, f4) for 3 dates, and that doesn't even account for a proper team-up movie like avengers 5 to actually, like, end phase 4 (unless thor 4 is the end of phase 4?)... maybe they put a 4th movie into 2022? could blade be a disney+ series? maybe fantastic 4 gets pushed to phase 5?

edit: actually, based on their graphic, it seems like phase 4 is just everything announced today. interesting that they're considering the disney+ shows to be proper parts of the "phase".

Last edited:
I’d be surprised if those dates aren’t BP2, Spidey 3, and either Guardians 3 or CM2.

Back