• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

the last episode of moon knight did exactly what y'all said you liked the show for not doing?

I don't know who the "y'all" Strickland33 is talking to is, I liked the Moon Knight finale for providing a satisfying conclusion while giving some bonus surprises along the way.

Just finished watching the finale. I thought it was obnoxiously bad. It didn’t make much sense and it had by far the worst big reveal of the Disney+ shows. The stinger managed to leave the show in a weird limbo where it’s not set up for a second season but the story isn’t complete either.

As was the case with the whole series, pretty much everything except Layla was uninteresting or trite.

Loki
What If?
WandaVision
Hawkeye
Falcon and Winter Soldier
Moon Knight

and with the rest

Loki
What If?
WandaVision
Daredevil
Hawkeye
Agent Carter
Agents of SHIELD
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Moon Knight
Punisher
Defenders
Iron Fist
Inhumans

Oblong, I don't think you understood my takes at all. That was a very reductionist summary. Ph want CGI battles!!!!!!

I don't think my takes will make any sense to you. You don't understand that teenage Chris Helmworth adopted a nutrition and workout regime to get into peak physical condition. But you do understand how Marc/Steven ended up in a psych ward but not really while being dead in one body but two souls went to the afterlife and had to balance some stones and the Steven soul fell off a boat and was frozen in sand until Marc hugged Steven JUST LIKE Elsa hugged Anna in Frozen to acknowledge their love as "siblings." AND NONE OF THIS IMPACTED THE THIRD IDENTITY AT ALL!!!!

The Ammit vs. Khonsou battle was trite and poorly explained. So Ammit gobbled up bad souls and got larger. Then all of a sudden Khonsou got bigger too without doing anything in particular. And there's some kind of god romance that was heavily hinted at?

Seeing Moon Knight and Marvel's Hawkwoman in action was cool until they played hide the ball AGAIN during the climatic battle of the entire series. I guess I'm alone in this. This was two films worth of set up for a battle and we didn't even see how it ended, so they could set up a big reveal that anybody who knew the character or read a "Who is Moon Knight?" article knew was coming.

Now there's nothing wrong with doing a big reveal that everyone knows is coming. You just have to do it right. All the Marvel shows have had big reveals. Some reveals you know if you follow the comics. Some reveals are character reveals. Some reveals are major plot reveals. All of them have been done very well. I thought the Power Broker stuff was annoying in Falcon and the Winter Soldier but it was done pretty well.

Everybody knew Wanda's nosey neighbor was Agatha Harkness going back to when Kathryn Hahn was originally cast. But they set her up well and there were unexplained events that viewers couldn't necessarily connect to Agatha. They even had the scene where Vision unfroze "Agnes" that made viewers doubt she was Agatha for a hot second. But they did that fantastic "Agatha All Along" reveal that made the whole thing work.

Well in Moon Knight, we all knew Jake Locksley was the 3rd identity. We knew Jake was the explanation for unexplained events they used to hide the ball. So what do they do? They introduce him in the post-credits as a limo driver for a god and he just puts a few bullets in the main villain in a psych hospital parking lot? That makes no sense, especially given that the main conflict resolution of the series left us with an intact relationship between Marc and Steven which presumably would make it easier for them (and Layla) to understand there is a third who is still working for Khonsou. They introduced a "new character" who won the climactic battle in a post-credits scene. I'm sorry, but that's just poor storytelling.

8e222de3cc78a0cd46994de96ae292ec5265d2cc.gif

Ph, a few things:

- Im pretty sure they set her up as Scarlet Scarab. Hawkwoman is DC

- I get your frustration over the other episodes, but didnt the finale do what you have been clamoring for all along?

I apologize that saying “Marvel’s Hawkwoman” didn’t imply strongly enough that I meant she was an MCU version of the DC character Hawkwoman.

I like said, the action was good but it still had the problems that plagued the show throughout.

Loki
What If?
WandaVision
Hawkeye
Moon Knight

and with the rest

Loki
What If?
WandaVision
Daredevil
Hawkeye
Agent Carter
Agents of SHIELD
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Moon Knight
Punisher
Defenders
Iron Fist
Inhumans

That's funny because Loki is easily my least favorite of the Disney+ series. To each their own. Still need to watch Moon Knight and Falcon and the Winter Soldier though.

I really hate ST: Picard's writers and producers

I choose to celebrate a great day for Trek fans - Picard S2 is over and Strange New Worlds, for one episode at least, made me think my cockeyed optimism for that series was warranted.

Have you ever seen The Ready Room Cap? It's the after-show show and Wil Wheaton is the host. His over the top enthusiasm borders on unctuousness and makes him more annoying IRL than even Wesley was.

yeah, i have not seen it, just the clips injected into RLM but I feel like i know exactly what it is.

but true, it is a Great Day to Die in terms of Trekdom; i finished Picard this morning but am waiting on SNW until tonight.

There were some genuinely good stuff in Picard S2 and the finale but also some serious eye rolling.

Back