• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

We really liked Moon Knight, surprised by all the strong dislike here but to each their own. I see most of these short-ish shows as opportunities to take different spins on the traditional Marvel formula. Origin story, bad guy story, defeat bad guy with CGI battle, surprise end reveal to close. So when a show like Moon Knight figures out how to incorporate a lot of those traditional plot elements but does it in a weird/different/confusing way - particularly without over-explaining everything, it can be refreshing. And I dig the occasional WTF episode, which it certainly delivered on. Thought Isaac did a pretty amazing job of starting off with Steven Grant being just awful but redeeming him by the end - if that fell flat I get why folks would dislike it. All told I'll at least remember this show compared to the also-ran plots of the more forgettable Marvel efforts.

Saw Multiverse of Madness last night. Obviously NO SPOILERS, but I will say that I really enjoyed it. Idk if it was as "good" as some of the other MCU movies, but I thought it had the best fight scenes of any of them. Elizabeth Olsen flat out brought it, and my concerns about Cumberbatch mailing it in for No Way Home were erased (now I blame Sony for it). Great performances by both.

It's been obvious for a while now, but Kevin Feige just gets it. He's a nerd just like the rest of us. Is the plot wild and a bit of a stretch? Yup. Is it light on actual character development and human interactions? Sure. But it's a Doctor Strange movie and I thought it was weird and awesome, just like it should be.

Also, 4DX is not at all what I was expecting. It was a legit theme park ride. Think Back to the Future or the Spiderman rides at Disney World. The entire seat moves with the movie (you and your 8 or so person seating group), sharp wind blows around your head and feet, water sprinkles from the ceiling, fog machines create clouds/haze, fans and strobe lights simulate the environment. They did an extended preview of the new Top Gun and I almost threw up, but in the best way. If that is an option for that movie (most likely your nearest IMAX theater), you've got to give it a shot. Just ask for an extra popcorn bucket to vomit in. I don't get motion sick, and it was still a lot. My wife hated it, so be warned.

Last edited:
Never heard of 4DX. That’s pretty cool. Those rides were/are at Universal by the way.

Picked up strange tix for Sunday.

Largely agree with DC above. My moon knight gripes are minor in comparison.

Just got out of Doctor Strange. It was good. More horror than I thought but not too much. Definitely built off WandaVision and What If? Elizabeth Olsen was great. The cameos were good.

I thought Strange New Worlds was good. Feels like the show they should have started New Trek with

Agreed. Just watched it last night, and I thought it was great. If they can keep it up I'll definitely like it more than Picard or Discovery. Picard has a great cast but the second season was something of a mess, imo. A lot of rushed plotlines.

Really enjoyed dr strange . Weird as shit but in a great way.

Just got out of Doctor Strange. It was good. More horror than I thought but not too much. Definitely built off WandaVision and What If? Elizabeth Olsen was great. The cameos were good.

Watched it this morning. And this is similar to my thoughts. I thought it was good and a great watch, but probably not a top-tier marvel film. It really helps if you’ve watched the Disney+ shows, and has some great callbacks and peeks at where the MCU is going.

I had kept pretty spoiler free, but I had heard several people say it was more of a horror film, so the horror was a little bit less than I had anticipated.

Doctor Strange spoilers are fair game.

I thought they managed to hide the fact that Wanda was the villain all along very well.

I loved that they brought back the same Black Bolt and the lines from Dr. Strange about the fork on his head was great. Granted, Inhumans sucked as a show but hopefully they can get more badass when FF inevitably comes out.

I completely geeked out at John Krasinkski as Mr. Fantastic. If Emily Blunt doesn't play Invisible Woman, I hope they get Jenna Fischer for the lols.

I knew Professor X was coming but loved seeing it anyway.

Hayley Atwell is always fun to have more of.

I wonder if we get more Illumanti in the Marvel universe or if it was just a one time thing for this particular world.

All in all, I thought it was a really fun movie. I would agree that it wasn't a top tier Marvel film but it was still very good and very different. My wife hated it because of how graphic some of the deaths were.

Also, I love Bruce Campbell so glad to see him in another Sam Raimi film.

I'd been waiting for a Clea appearance all movie. Not sure about the casting but we'll see.

My guess is third eye Doctor Strange forms the 616 Illuminati to keep him in check.

Namor is heavily rumored to be in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. Who knows what the plan will be for the X-Men and Professor Xavier? Reed Richards either before or after FF.

The rumor around John Krasinski is that Jon Watts bowed out of directing FF so Feige could cast Krasinski and Blunt as Reed and Sue and have him direct.

Last edited:
Saw last night. Generally enjoyed it along the way but really liked it towards the end when they steered more heavily into the horror

Thought having Krasinski as Reed was a great choice even if he doesn’t ultimately have the role in the FF movie

The unhinged ultra powerful female character who turns on her friends is getting to be a fairly overdone trope though

The logic of this multiverse didn’t really seem to hold up for me though but I’m not familiar with the comics

Like are we supposed to assume Wanda’s kids in every other universe are real or just conjured in the same way as depicted in WandaVision because that was a big issue plot wise I had

Maybe dumb nitpick but why did the Carmetage soldiers have “magic cannons”? Shit made no sense

Saw last night. Generally enjoyed it along the way but really liked it towards the end when they steered more heavily into the horror

Thought having Krasinski as Reed was a great choice even if he doesn’t ultimately have the role in the FF movie

The unhinged ultra powerful female character who turns on her friends is getting to be a fairly overdone trope though

The logic of this multiverse didn’t really seem to hold up for me though but I’m not familiar with the comics

Like are we supposed to assume Wanda’s kids in every other universe are real or just conjured in the same way as depicted in WandaVision because that was a big issue plot wise I had

Maybe dumb nitpick but why did the Carmetage soldiers have “magic cannons”? Shit made no sense

Yea there were some beats that didn’t work for me and there wasn’t even an attempt to develop characters, but the Illuminati sequence was awesome and, when Feige let Raimi do his thing, the results were awesome.

Bruce Campbell ftmfw!

I assume to shoot magic at powerful beings from a distance.

The logic of the multiverse isn't consistent across the MCU although you can make a plausible argument that every multiverse except No Way Home works from time variants based on the events of Loki.

Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness is projected to hit a $200M opening. That would be the 6th best MCU opening, right behind Black Panther at $202M. The original Doctor Strange made $85M.

CBM: Moon Knight finale/Doctor Strange 2 (spoilers)

I disliked the Moon Knight finale, thought the series overall was bad - Ethan Hawk was definitely the best part of the series, he crushed that role.

Multiverse of Madness - Thought it was great. It is definitely a Sam Raimi & Danny Elfman *horror* movie. The multiverse story line got a little convoluted for my taste - if you went to the bathroom during the movie you would probably need help catching up, but all the action and horror elements were very well done and the movie never takes itself too seriously.

Because I have the attention span of my six year old, what's the next thing? Is it the Thor movie in July or is there another series on Disney+ before that?

Back