• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Anyone else pumped for the new season of The Boys? Along with Peacemaker and a couple from Marvel, easily one of my favorite superhero shows. New season getting great reviews.

The first 3 Boys are out now. I was expecting it tomorrow but here we go!

The new season of "The Orville" is out and rebranded as "The Orville: New Horizons". Not just the name has changed, I say that in a good way.

Season 1 was basically TNG aesthetic and crew + TOS plots + dick and fart jokes.
S2 cut back the d&f jokes significantly and relied less on recycled Trek (any incarnation) plots.
Now, at least for one episode, they seem to be doing their own thing. Obviously they can't lose the TNG aesthetic, that's part and parcel of Orville but this last episode was... touching and poignant? A Seth McFarlane show? Yes, believe it or not. Going into this episode I was putting it on the chopping block. When it came out originally it scratched an itch for Trek but now that's more or less satisfied. Now I'm going to stick around to see where this goes on its own merits.

Somebody at Sony looked at their social media engagement metrics and thought it would be a good idea to re-release Morbius.

The Sandman premieres on Netflix on August 5.

Note to anyone who, like me, sort of loses track of time and dates - Ms. Marvel comes out tomorrow. Early word is promising.

It will be interesting to see the reaction between the toxic white guys, pro-representation, and not my Ms. Marvel groups.

It will be interesting to see the reaction between the toxic white guys, pro-representation, and not my Ms. Marvel groups.

man, do you remember that discourse? i'm glad that the fanboys lost out because Ms. Marvel is rad

I really hope they go with villain you love to hate villain instead of anti-hero with Black Adam.

There’s a post credit scene after the first episode of Ms. Marvel.

The first episode was kind of slow.

Didn't they already say it was going to be anti-hero?

Yeah like a few years ago. Hopefully they change course. DC needs to get more out of their villains.

CBM: The Boys Season 3

Ms. Marvel was good. Several similar beats to Turning Red (sneaking out, mysterious family powers, convenience store, seemingly overbearing Asian mom and somewhat understanding dad) but that’s not a problem. I assume Turning Red was inspired somewhat by the comics anyway.

Young Justice: Phantoms (Season 4, HBO Max) had a strong finish after its most intricate and ambitious plotlines of a show that is very intricate and ambitious. There’s no word of a Season 5 and given the Discovery takeover of Warner Bros, I don’t expect on. The season finale was a fine series finale. And if we get another season, that’s yet another bonus for a show that began 11.5 years ago and got resurrected.

Last edited:
Ms. Marvel was good. Several similar beats to Turning Red (sneaking out, mysterious family powers, convenience store, seemingly overbearing Asian mom and somewhat understanding dad) but that’s not a problem. I assume Turning Red was inspired somewhat by the comics anyway.

Young Justice: Phantoms (Season 4, HBO Max) had a strong finish after its most intricate and ambitious plotlines of a show that is very intricate and ambitious. There’s no word of a Season 5 and given the Discovery takeover of Warner Bros, I don’t expect on. The season finale was a fine series finale. And if we get another season, that’s yet another bonus for a show that began 11.5 years ago and got resurrected.

I loved it. Perfect adaptation. I don’t love the CGI, but they knocked the casting out of the park and I’m pumped to see where they take it.

Back