Page 14 of 800 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114514 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 15991

Thread: CBM: Marvel Phase 4 slate/Venom 2 trailer

  1. #261
    Isn't Joss Whedon responsible for Buffy the series?

  2. #262
    I saw the Captain America movie on friday, and I thought it was very entertaining. Be sure to stay after the credits!! Can't wait for the avengers movie.

  3. #263
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,528
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandDeac View Post
    If you left early, here's the after-credits scene
    Do not click this unless you want to see some spoilers
    Spoiler for the Cap movie that someone familiar with character wouldn't already know?

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Spoiler for the Cap movie that someone familiar with character wouldn't already know?
    no. idk what he meant by spoiler

  5. #265
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,528
    That's going to be awesome.

    What Marvel Studios has done in such a short period of time is amazing.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    That's going to be awesome.

    What Marvel Studios has done in such a short period of time is amazing.
    Marvel could do this for years to come, too. They've got hundreds of characters and hundreds of storylines to choose from. What amazes me is that there is such a large audience for them. People are coming out in droves to see these characters, and it isn't just the lifelong comics fans. I guess it's just a testament to the ability of these people to tell good stories with good characters.

  7. #267
    Broderick Hicks

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Posts
    4,075
    Saw Captain America last night. I enjoyed it. The teaser trailer after the credits was SOOOO worth staying for.

  8. #268
    Broderick Hicks

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Posts
    4,075
    I meant to add:
     

    I liked how they connected this to the Thor movie with the power cube from Odin. And the connection was even more clear when Red Skull held it and disappeared. Looked kinda like the way people traveled in Thor along the light/rainbow bridge no? Me thinks Red Skull aint dead.

  9. #269
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,528
    Definitely read that article on Marvel movies I posted. It's a good synopsis of the great work Marvel has done, particularly compared to what WB has done with DC properties.

    Marvel's bench is very deep. If they could figure out a way to get their Spider-man, X-Men, and Fantastic Four properties back in house, wow. To put out three movies in one summer in which the most famous characters are only portrayed within their origin stories (Xavier and Magneto), none of which fully take place in current version of Earth (Nine realms, 60s, WWII) is ambitious. The payoff has been great to watch.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Unpredeactable View Post
    Isn't Joss Whedon responsible for Buffy the series?
    Yes, and the criminally mistreated Firefly.

  11. #271
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Definitely read that article on Marvel movies I posted. It's a good synopsis of the great work Marvel has done, particularly compared to what WB has done with DC properties.

    Marvel's bench is very deep. If they could figure out a way to get their Spider-man, X-Men, and Fantastic Four properties back in house, wow. To put out three movies in one summer in which the most famous characters are only portrayed within their origin stories (Xavier and Magneto), none of which fully take place in current version of Earth (Nine realms, 60s, WWII) is ambitious. The payoff has been great to watch.
    i read the article and now I'm wondering how they kept getting money to fund all the garbage movies they made (daredevil, punisher(s), hulks, ghost rider, FF movies)

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    i read the article and now I'm wondering how they kept getting money to fund all the garbage movies they made (daredevil, punisher(s), hulks, ghost rider, FF movies)
    Well, to state the obvious - they made money.

    From imdb (with some bonus movies thrown in for comparison):

    Code:
    name	budget	gross
    Daredevil	78M	178M
    Punisher	33M	33.7M
    Punisher: War Zone	35M	7.9M
    Hulk (2003)	137M	245M
    Hulk (2008)	150M	263M
    Ghost Rider	110M	115.8M
    FF	100M	330M
    FF: ROSS	130M	132M
    Elektra	43M	56.5M
    Blade	45M	70M
    Blade 2	54M	150M
    Blade Trinity	65M	52M
    Fans may lament Daredevil, Hulk (first one) and Fantastic 4 as disappointing movies, but studio execs will take those returns any day.

  13. #273
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,528
    Marvel Studios has raised the game to extent that we expect comic book movies to be good.

  14. #274
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    maybe this was addressed in this or another thread, but do all of Marvel's characters live in the same universe? Is the Avengers' world populated with X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, etc. Or are they all in separate universes?

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    maybe this was addressed in this or another thread, but do all of Marvel's characters live in the same universe? Is the Avengers' world populated with X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, etc. Or are they all in separate universes?
    All the same universe. The current roster of Avengers includes Iron Man, Captain American, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Hawkeye, Thing, Spider-Woman, Red Hulk, Iron Fist, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

  16. #276
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    So I'm supposed to believe that in a world with X Men that Thor/Iron Man/Spiderman are running around? wtf?

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    So I'm supposed to believe that in a world with X Men that Thor/Iron Man/Spiderman are running around? wtf?
    Dude...it's a comic book fantasy world. Aren't you already suspending belief anyway? Does it take that much bigger of a leap to go from a universe where the X-Men exist to a world where the Avengers and the X-Men exist. That's kind of curious to me.

  18. #278
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,528
    Yeah, I don't get that either. It's more unbelievable that Thor and Hulk would team up with an archer and a techie and an WWII vet.

    Random question since we're talking about merging universes. Can Magneto lift Mjolnir?

    Has anybody heard if Ant-Man, Wasp, and Black Panther or others will be in The Avengers?

  19. #279
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/fullcredits#cast

    Doesnt look like it. I was never a fan of AntMan/Wasp/YellowJacket/GiantMan whatever else, so not lamenting.

  20. #280
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Yeah, I don't get that either. It's more unbelievable that Thor and Hulk would team up with an archer and a techie and an WWII vet.

    Random question since we're talking about merging universes. Can Magneto lift Mjolnir?

    Has anybody heard if Ant-Man, Wasp, and Black Panther or others will be in The Avengers?
    That's what I mean; I can totally suspend. I'm not calling it stupid, just wondering. Just weird that Iron Man responds to Earth-Threats that are Iron Man related and Spiderman deals with problems that challenge his particular skill set. I mean, I'm pretty sure Iron Man would destroy the Green Goblin in like 20 seconds. Amirite?
    Last edited by ImTheCaptain; 07-27-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •