Page 17 of 800 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117517 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 15991

Thread: CBM: Marvel Phase 4 slate/Venom 2 trailer

  1. #321
    New Dark Knight pics featuring Bane and Batman.

    http://www.celebuzz.com/2011-07-31/c...es-set-photos/

  2. #322
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,541
    First pic from Man of Steel:



  3. #323
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    9,012
    I would be excited for the next Superman if it weren't for the recent huge piles of shit Zack Snyder has put out.

  4. #324
    The costume looks great, though. That's one thing that, as time has gone along, these movies are increasingly getting right.

    Btw, have you seen the Spidey trailer yet, Ph?

  5. #325
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,541
    Agree about costumes. Yeah, I've seen the Spidey trailer. I think I commented above that it was basically a Batman trailer. Even the music during the rooftop scene sounded like the Batman music. It seemed a little too brooding for Spider-man. He didn't seem like the funny nerd, just some dude with a lot of hair. It could work, but it doesn't really seem like Spiderman. I wish Marvel Studios could get the rights back.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Agree about costumes. Yeah, I've seen the Spidey trailer. I think I commented above that it was basically a Batman trailer. Even the music during the rooftop scene sounded like the Batman music. It seemed a little too brooding for Spider-man. He didn't seem like the funny nerd, just some dude with a lot of hair. It could work, but it doesn't really seem like Spiderman. I wish Marvel Studios could get the rights back.
    I think you're going to see a lot of that thanks to the success of The Dark Knight. I know you don't read the comics, but I would tell you that the darker, grittier Spidey isn't really all that far fetched. The story lines in the 80's and 90's were actually quite gritty. I think people base most of their perceptions on Spider-Man on the cartoons and other media that give the impression he's a much lighter character than the way he was written for most of my time reading the books. The newer writers on Spidey have, however, made him a lighter hearted character over the past 5 or 6 years. It's actually kind of difficult for me to view him as a light hearted character after the story lines I grew up reading.

    I do like reading your opinions on the characters, though, since we base our perceptions on different mediums for those same characters.

  7. #327
    The first pic of Catwoman from TDKR. I'm a little underwhelmed.


  8. #328
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
    The first pic of Catwoman from TDKR. I'm a little underwhelmed.

    whuh...anne hathaway is catwoman?

  9. #329
    Ugh. I have a terrible feeling that Catwoman is going to be an awful mistake. I hope to god I'm wrong, but seeing that photo makes me cringe.

  10. #330
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,541
    Where did the pic go? If they don't hide her nose, that's a huge mistake. Anybody who knows Selina Kyle and sees Catwoman's nose knows.

  11. #331
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Where did the pic go? If they don't hide her nose, that's a huge mistake. Anybody who knows Selina Kyle and sees Catwoman's nose knows.
    hathaway's costume shows her nose, so do many costumes, including Pfeiffer's. (though none show the bridge).

    I don't know the significance of this. Scar?

  12. #332
    This looks awful. Is it possible that the Dark Knight Rises has Awful Third Super Hero Movie Syndrome?? Will Christian Bale do a musical number?




  13. #333
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,541
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    hathaway's costume shows her nose, so do many costumes, including Pfeiffer's. (though none show the bridge).

    I don't know the significance of this. Scar?
    Just saying she's got an extremely recognizable nose.

    They're trying to do a reasonable version of the googles, but they should just go a mask.

  14. #334
    Should have gone with something similar to how she is currently drawn in the comics:




  15. #335
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,541
    Yeah I can only assume her hair isn't blowing around throughout the movie.

    Why not just use those goggles?

  16. #336
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
    I think you're going to see a lot of that thanks to the success of The Dark Knight. I know you don't read the comics, but I would tell you that the darker, grittier Spidey isn't really all that far fetched. The story lines in the 80's and 90's were actually quite gritty. I think people base most of their perceptions on Spider-Man on the cartoons and other media that give the impression he's a much lighter character than the way he was written for most of my time reading the books. The newer writers on Spidey have, however, made him a lighter hearted character over the past 5 or 6 years. It's actually kind of difficult for me to view him as a light hearted character after the story lines I grew up reading.

    I do like reading your opinions on the characters, though, since we base our perceptions on different mediums for those same characters.
    Additional thought on this. I haven't seen any of the Twilight series, but I gotta think that's what they're aiming for the teen angst feel.

  17. #337
    Spider-man is pretty famous for being one of the first super heroes with real world problems. He's constantly blaming himself for things that go wrong like Uncle Ben dying, Gwen Stacey's swan dive, Venom's existence, etc... So I don't think the teen angst angle is out of character for him.

    Maybe his smartass banter while fighting is throwing you off a little.

  18. #338
    I saw Captain America tonight and really liked it. Thought it was cool that they had the Original Human Torch on display in the scene at the World's Fair. It was a nice homage to one of Cap's World War II Invader team mates from the comics as well as Chris Evans role in the Fantastic Four.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    I saw Captain America tonight and really liked it. Thought it was cool that they had the Original Human Torch on display in the scene at the World's Fair. It was a nice homage to one of Cap's World War II Invader team mates from the comics as well as Chris Evans role in the Fantastic Four.
    Agreed. I was hesitant about Evans as Captain but he made me forget my worries. I thought he did well

    Also because I saw this in Lusaka, the movie cut off before the post credits scene. I assume Marvel did their usual sneak peek. What was it?

  20. #340
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacdeTejas View Post
    Agreed. I was hesitant about Evans as Captain but he made me forget my worries. I thought he did well

    Also because I saw this in Lusaka, the movie cut off before the post credits scene. I assume Marvel did their usual sneak peek. What was it?
    Capt. America punching the new catwoman in the face for looking ridiculous.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •