• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

First pic from Man of Steel:

HenryCavillManofSteel640Closer.jpg

I would be excited for the next Superman if it weren't for the recent huge piles of shit Zack Snyder has put out.

The costume looks great, though. That's one thing that, as time has gone along, these movies are increasingly getting right.

Btw, have you seen the Spidey trailer yet, Ph?

Agree about costumes. Yeah, I've seen the Spidey trailer. I think I commented above that it was basically a Batman trailer. Even the music during the rooftop scene sounded like the Batman music. It seemed a little too brooding for Spider-man. He didn't seem like the funny nerd, just some dude with a lot of hair. It could work, but it doesn't really seem like Spiderman. I wish Marvel Studios could get the rights back.

Agree about costumes. Yeah, I've seen the Spidey trailer. I think I commented above that it was basically a Batman trailer. Even the music during the rooftop scene sounded like the Batman music. It seemed a little too brooding for Spider-man. He didn't seem like the funny nerd, just some dude with a lot of hair. It could work, but it doesn't really seem like Spiderman. I wish Marvel Studios could get the rights back.

I think you're going to see a lot of that thanks to the success of The Dark Knight. I know you don't read the comics, but I would tell you that the darker, grittier Spidey isn't really all that far fetched. The story lines in the 80's and 90's were actually quite gritty. I think people base most of their perceptions on Spider-Man on the cartoons and other media that give the impression he's a much lighter character than the way he was written for most of my time reading the books. The newer writers on Spidey have, however, made him a lighter hearted character over the past 5 or 6 years. It's actually kind of difficult for me to view him as a light hearted character after the story lines I grew up reading.

I do like reading your opinions on the characters, though, since we base our perceptions on different mediums for those same characters.

Ugh. I have a terrible feeling that Catwoman is going to be an awful mistake. I hope to god I'm wrong, but seeing that photo makes me cringe.

Where did the pic go? If they don't hide her nose, that's a huge mistake. Anybody who knows Selina Kyle and sees Catwoman's nose knows.

Where did the pic go? If they don't hide her nose, that's a huge mistake. Anybody who knows Selina Kyle and sees Catwoman's nose knows.

hathaway's costume shows her nose, so do many costumes, including Pfeiffer's. (though none show the bridge).

I don't know the significance of this. Scar?

This looks awful. Is it possible that the Dark Knight Rises has Awful Third Super Hero Movie Syndrome?? Will Christian Bale do a musical number?

Anne-Hathaway-Catwoman-Glasses-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg

hathaway's costume shows her nose, so do many costumes, including Pfeiffer's. (though none show the bridge).

I don't know the significance of this. Scar?

Just saying she's got an extremely recognizable nose.

They're trying to do a reasonable version of the googles, but they should just go a mask.

Should have gone with something similar to how she is currently drawn in the comics:

Catwoman.jpg

catwoman-blk-wht-1.jpg

Yeah I can only assume her hair isn't blowing around throughout the movie.

Why not just use those goggles?

I think you're going to see a lot of that thanks to the success of The Dark Knight. I know you don't read the comics, but I would tell you that the darker, grittier Spidey isn't really all that far fetched. The story lines in the 80's and 90's were actually quite gritty. I think people base most of their perceptions on Spider-Man on the cartoons and other media that give the impression he's a much lighter character than the way he was written for most of my time reading the books. The newer writers on Spidey have, however, made him a lighter hearted character over the past 5 or 6 years. It's actually kind of difficult for me to view him as a light hearted character after the story lines I grew up reading.

I do like reading your opinions on the characters, though, since we base our perceptions on different mediums for those same characters.

Additional thought on this. I haven't seen any of the Twilight series, but I gotta think that's what they're aiming for the teen angst feel.

Spider-man is pretty famous for being one of the first super heroes with real world problems. He's constantly blaming himself for things that go wrong like Uncle Ben dying, Gwen Stacey's swan dive, Venom's existence, etc... So I don't think the teen angst angle is out of character for him.

Maybe his smartass banter while fighting is throwing you off a little.

I saw Captain America tonight and really liked it. Thought it was cool that they had the Original Human Torch on display in the scene at the World's Fair. It was a nice homage to one of Cap's World War II Invader team mates from the comics as well as Chris Evans role in the Fantastic Four.

I saw Captain America tonight and really liked it. Thought it was cool that they had the Original Human Torch on display in the scene at the World's Fair. It was a nice homage to one of Cap's World War II Invader team mates from the comics as well as Chris Evans role in the Fantastic Four.

Agreed. I was hesitant about Evans as Captain but he made me forget my worries. I thought he did well

Also because I saw this in Lusaka, the movie cut off before the post credits scene. I assume Marvel did their usual sneak peek. What was it?

Agreed. I was hesitant about Evans as Captain but he made me forget my worries. I thought he did well

Also because I saw this in Lusaka, the movie cut off before the post credits scene. I assume Marvel did their usual sneak peek. What was it?

Capt. America punching the new catwoman in the face for looking ridiculous.

Back