• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Took my nephew to see Thor tonight. I liked it but I agree that the general public won't like it as much as Iron Man. I don't think they could have found a better actor to play Thor. Also wasn't expecting to see Hawkeye make an appearance.

Ouch. Spoiled. I should put that in the thread title.

movies coming soon in the works or rumored.

Thor
Green Lantern
The Avengers
The First Avenger: Captain America
Green Hornet
X-men: First Class
Transformers 3
Red Sonja .... she's a super hero and hot as hell
Spider-man Reboot ... god I hope they do my fave super hero justice in this film

the films below are happening but a release date is unknown:

Batman 3
Deadpool
Conan
Ghostrider 2
Iron Man 3
Superman Reboot
Ant-Man
Hancock 2
Wolverine 2

these films are rumored:

Doctor Strange
Iron Fist
Nick Fury
Thundercats
Voltron
Silver Surfer
X-Men Orgins: Magneto

we should get the spoiler thing for posts here. I have it on another VBulletin forum I post on. basically it puts the text of the post in a collapsible box you have to click to open. so it's a good option to have on movie threads or whatever.

Saw it last night. I was pleasantly surprised. Feel free to skip the 3d version - it's not worth the extra $3.50 to see it that way.

I was never a big Thor/Avengers guy, so I was essentially coming to the Thor storyline cold when I saw the movie last night. I thought it was pretty good.

Saw it last night. Kinda cool to have the cameo by Hawkeye, but his cameo was pretty dumb. Could have done w/o Natalie Portman's character, since it messes up the Thor/Sif storyline. Oh well. Overall an OK movie, don't think I would have paid the extra for the imax/3d if I had it to do over again, but not a bad kickoff to the summer movie series.

Saw the trailer for Transformers 3. Not much hope there b/c as usual they offer none of the plotline, probably b/c there's not going to be one. Just like 2.

Saw Thor last night and really enjoyed it. It's a pretty good movie in general. It's crazy they get these awesome actors to take the movies seriously. Makes the difference.

Need Ph to explain the post-credits thing, though. PM?

As someone who isn't into the whole Avengers storyline, the deeper meaning behind the post-credits thing was lost on me as well.

Saw Thor this afternoon in IMAX 3D. I would give it a 7 out of 10.

I agree with that rating, but the 3D element is almost non-existent. If anyone has a choice, watch it in 2D and spend the 3 or 4 extra bucks on Sour Patch Kids or something.

For those confused about the post credits scene, I can shed light. If you don't want to know, stop reading.

The item Fury reveals is the cosmic cube. It's a major plot device from Captain America, and I'm betting will play prominently in the Cap and Avengers movies since it was frequently an object the Red Skull attempted to use. I'm hoping this means a villain such as the Skrulls (rumored to be the case) or Thanos (Infinity War!) will be in the Avengers.

Eta: helpful link for those that don't know a lot about the cosmic cube: http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/05/07/thor-cosmic-cube-post-credits-scene/

Last edited:
Just took some time out to see Thor. Good movie. Not great. Just what you'd expect from a good origin story for a non-human character. I can't see how anybody could hate this movie or put it as a favorite unless they really hate or love the character. The acting was solid, there was the right amount of comedy, production was good, the CGI was pretty nice. There weren't as many action scenes as I expected and I have no idea why Loki would fight Thor hand-to-hand instead of using magic. Also Destroyer didn't really destroy much and seemed pretty easy to destroy. Otherwise it was solid.

Oh yeah, I'd love a Natalie Portman/Kat Dennings sammich.

My husband is the comic geek, not me, so I wasn't really familiar with the Thor story from the comic books (although I do know the Norse gods & relationships from my mythology classes). We saw it in 3D at the IMAX and I enjoyed it. Good effects, liked the actors, and it was fast-moving. REALLY thought the guy playing Thor was mighty fine. :cool:

I'd probably put Iron Man higher on my rating scale, but Thor was good entertainment too.

Dude was a great choice for Thor. Can't deny he had the physique for the part.

I feel like I haven't seen Rene Russo in a movie in years. Great to see her. Just looked her up. Apparently she hasn't been in a movie since 2005. Wow.

In terms of the first movie in a series, I'd rank the Marvel ones something this:

Iron Man
Spiderman
X-Men
Thor
Blade

[big gap]

Hulk (either "first movie")
Fantastic Four
Daredevil

I'm more excited for The Avengers than I thought I'd be.

Dude was a great choice for Thor. Can't deny he had the physique for the part.

I feel like I haven't seen Rene Russo in a movie in years. Great to see her. Just looked her up. Apparently she hasn't been in a movie since 2005. Wow.

In terms of the first movie in a series, I'd rank the Marvel ones something this:

Iron Man
Spiderman
X-Men
Thor
Blade

[big gap]

Hulk (either "first movie")
Fantastic Four
Daredevil

I'm more excited for The Avengers than I thought I'd be.

You can go ahead and put Blade at the top of that list. What a fucking awesome movie.

Back