Page 5 of 797 FirstFirst 123456789101555105505 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 15934

Thread: CBM: The Falcon & the Winter Soldier (Disney+)/Invincible (Amazon Prime)

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Go View Post
    Thor was pretty good, although I didn't really understand the end.
    The post credits scene? I think I explained it earlier in this thread.

  2. #82
    Deacsbravesdawgsetc
    Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The A
    Posts
    10,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
    The post credits scene? I think I explained it earlier in this thread.
    No, why did Thor need to stop his bro from destroying the Ice Giants realm?

    They didn't explain that enough.

  3. #83
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Go View Post
    No, why did Thor need to stop his bro from destroying the Ice Giants realm?

    They didn't explain that enough.
    Seriously?

    Because it's wrong to completely destroy the entire world of your enemy.

  4. #84
    Deacsbravesdawgsetc
    Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The A
    Posts
    10,550
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Seriously?

    Because it's wrong to completely destroy the entire world of your enemy.
    I thought they should have said "if you destroy their world, it will destroy the other 9 worlds...

    I don't see the value in the Ice creatures, sorry brah.

    If you could destroy mosquitoes, you'd do it right? I would.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Seriously?

    Because it's wrong to completely destroy the entire world of your enemy.
    It may be wrong, but it sure can be fun.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
    X2 was the closest thing to what the X-Men are supposed to be, even if flawed. I have high hopes for this film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles_Legendz View Post
    X2 was very good.

    I wasn't looking forward to this at first, but the buzz around it seems pretty positive, so I'm getting cautiously optimistic that it will be good.
    Nightcrawler was my favorite part of X2. Each time I see more of First Class, I'm more psyched to see the film.

    And Hardy as Bane is fucking badass. Its going to be a long year of teasers between now and next summer.

  7. #87
    Deacsbravesdawgsetc
    Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The A
    Posts
    10,550
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Seriously?

    Because it's wrong to completely destroy the entire world of your enemy.
    And don't you think that's an incredibly lame thing to have the final fight about?

  8. #88
    First reviews in for X-Men have been overwhelmingly positive:

    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/x_men_first_class/
    Jaime Lannister sends his regards

  9. #89
    Wow...100% a week prior to release? I'm in.

  10. #90
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,860
    Still 100% the week of the movie.

    Six clips from the movie. Looks fantastic.
    http://www.hitfix.com/articles/six-r...ave-the-summer

  11. #91
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,860
    Interesting spoiler about the main villains in "The Avengers".

    Apparently some have been released and this one is new.

    http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exc...avengers-13718

     
    Props to those who figured it out based on the Thor post-credits.

  12. #92
    I'm skeptical that "The Latino Review" is going to scoop all the geek sites that live and breathe this stuff.

     
    They can make a whole movie about the Cosmic Cube, no need to introduce Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, especially since the Infinity Gauntlet needs everybody on board - Avengers, FF, X-Men, everybody"]
    Last edited by DeacHead; 05-31-2011 at 01:07 PM.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    I'm skeptical that "The Latino Review" is going to scoop all the geek sites that live and breathe this stuff.
    My Spanish is not where it needs to be -- I told them this was an OFF the record interview, not ON the record.

    WEBS. HANDS. PERIOD.

  14. #94
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,860
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    I'm skeptical that "The Latino Review" is going to scoop all the geek sites that live and breathe this stuff.

     
    They can make a whole movie about the Cosmic Cube, no need to introduce the Infinity Gauntlet, especially since the Infinity Gauntlet needs everybody on board - Avengers, FF, X-Men, everybody"]
    Actually, "The Latino Review" is a pretty good site from what I've seen. Just because they're Latino geeks that live and breathe this stuff doesn't make them any less reputable.

    They're also reporting that Warner Bros. is looking for writers to do a Hawkman script. If Smallville can do a legit Hawkman character, surely they can give him a decent movie treatment.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 05-31-2011 at 01:12 PM.

  15. #95

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Actually, "The Latino Review" is a pretty good site from what I've seen. Just because they're Latino geeks that live and breathe this stuff doesn't make them any less reputable.

    They're also reporting that Warner Bros. is looking for writers to do a Hawkman script. If Smallville can do a legit Hawkman character, surely they can give him a decent movie treatment.
    Curses, you saw right through my anti-Latino subtext. American, English speaking geek movies need to get scooped by American, English speaking geeks. Time to get Lou Dobbs on the case...

  17. #97
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,860
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    Curses, you saw right through my anti-Latino subtext. American, English speaking geek movies need to get scooped by American, English speaking geeks. Time to get Lou Dobbs on the case...
    Why wouldn't you think Latino Review is a legit site?

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Why wouldn't you think Latino Review is a legit site?
    When did you stop beating your wife?

  19. #99
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,860
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    When did you stop beating your wife?
    What?

    You expressed doubt about the site as a source seemingly because of the name. I responded to that.

  20. #100
    "When did you stop beating your wife" is a loaded question with a presupposition of spouse abuse.

    "Just because they're Latino geeks that live and breathe this stuff doesn't make them any less reputable." takes the discussion to a different direction, making "Why wouldn't you think Latino Review is a legit site?" a loaded question too. I'm not biting (more than I have already).

    Bottom line - I'm unfamiliar with them for sci-fi news, as opposed to Ain't It Cool News or Newsarama. I would be equally skeptical if the scoop came from the Dubuque Times. Nothing more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •