• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Going to say again, and be told I'm wrong, I don't see a problem with 2 threads. This one and one for spoilers. Fair game at any time. You get spoiled in there thats your fault.

Otherwise, when I care about a show/movie I just avoid the thread until I see it or something else is out and i can the discussion.

You’re wrong. Again.

But seriously the problem is the tapatalk preview. You can’t avoid it.

My suggestion is basically the unwritten rule used for The Mandalorian.

An interesting tidbit from one of my go-to reviewers advised to NOT check IMDB for WandaVision because doing so would spoil identities further down the season.

so i recently began watching doom patrol. i'm really enjoying it. quirky, very different from other super hero fare, some humor. i'm about 8 eps in. good stuff.

well, i found the first ep of WandaVision pretty delightful; they really nail the tropes of sitcom history

I keep meaning to start back with Doom Patrol. i saw the first 2 episodes and really really liked it, just put it on the backburner.

Not a lot to spoil about WandaVision even if I wanted to (there's one thing). I went in wondering "WTF?" I left wondering "WTF?" Good stuff though. Sort of appropriate to mention it along with Doom Patrol, both are on the weird side of comics.

the family is excited for wandavision friday tonight. i'm guessing a lot will be missed by the kids due to the sit com tropes.

I didn't think Ww84 could be as bad as you guys were saying, but man, it really is. DC can't stop stepping on its own dick.

First two Wandavision eps were great. Wife actually watched with me and I think the perfect show to get her into it. She humored me by watching a bunch of the movies before Infinity War and Endgame but this she seems actually interested in because of the gag that I assume will continue

My wife just sat there confused. I assured her it's supposed to be confusing. I don't think she watched as much Nick at Nite as I did back in the day either.

She typically binges shows. Watching from week to week is going to annoy her unless they hurry up and get to the mystery. The Mandalorian was much more stand-alone than this.

I liked it. The first episode was a call back to the Dick Van Dyke show and the gorgeous Mary Tyler Moore. In the second episode, it was shocking to see diversity in a 60s sitcom style. Kathryn Hahn was great. She chews scenery with the best of them. The humor was a tad more racy than I expected.

One more thing. There were rumors that Netflix Marvel characters may start showing up in the MCU as the Netflix deals expire. There were also rumors that Charlie Cox would play Daredevil in Spider-Man 3. Apparently, it's been confirmed that he was on set in Spider-Man 3. There are rumors that Jessica Jones will be in She-Hulk which is supposed to be a legal comedy.

Last edited:
My wife had a similar reaction as yours ph. It was funny and she laughed but ultimately she didn't get it. I explained things a bit but overall it just felt slow. I couldn't help but compare it to the premiere of the Mandolorian where it hooks you right away.

I'm obviously going to keep watching but hope the pace picks up a bit.

That would be fantastic. Charlie Cox and Kristen Ritter were great. I wanted to like Luke Cage more but I don't think the writing was as good. Iron Fist was meh and should be recast.

Really enjoyed Wandavision, - looking forward to seeing how the show keeps up the classic sitcom premise while blending in the mystery element.

I think whether you liked it or not depends squarely on if you grew up watching Nick at Nite or if you’re old enough just straight up reruns.

I’ve never been that into Elizabeth Olsen but seeing her play off Lucille Ball, Mary Tyler Moore, Barbara Eden, and Elizabeth Montgomery was pretty nice.

Yeah I had high hopes for Wandavision but I'm squarely in the camp that had zero interest Nick at Nite, and maybe that's why I'm not overly impressed by the recreation of old campy sitcoms. I mean, I get the idea and the quality of the effort, but with absolutely zero real-world plot tie-in through two episodes it's just excruciatingly boring. Hopefully there's a payoff sooner rather than later - both my wife and I were watching the credits after the first episode noticing there were 7 minutes left thinking - ok, here comes some kind of reveal. But no, it was just 7 minutes of credits after a book on a desk of modern computer stuff.

I get that the confusion reminds folks of Lost, but the first season of Lost was never this boring.

This should alleviate any concerns.

WandaVision Ending Is A Full MCU Action Movie
Vision actor Paul Bettany reveals that the upcoming WandaVision will evolve from the sitcom-style world to a "full, MCU action movie" by the end.

https://screenrant.com/wandavision-show-ending-mcu-action-movie/

———
In an interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Paul Bettany explained how the show will evolve from the sitcom-style to a full-on MCU action movie. The Vision actor confirmed Kimmel's theory that the sitcom-world of the show will not make up the whole storyline. "That’s 100 percent correct," said Bettany. The actor went on to say, "We hurtle through the decades, and we hit different genres of sitcoms and then Vision begins to think that this is getting a little weird, you know. And in the end, you end up in full, MCU action movie."

With less than a week before the first MCU series premieres, Disney and Marvel Studios have remained tight-lipped about the show and how it connects to the MCU. Though much of the details have remained a mystery, Bettany's comment is not the first hint at the action-packed show. Teyonah Parris, who plays the grown-up Monica Rambeau, called the show "a full-on action movie, mixed with sitcoms."

——

There were a few references to SWORD in the first two eps. I’ve seen a theory that the neighbors are villains from the comics. Agent Woo from Ant-Man and the Wasp and Darcy from Thor and Thor 2 are in it.

Back