• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Spider-man is pretty famous for being one of the first super heroes with real world problems. He's constantly blaming himself for things that go wrong like Uncle Ben dying, Gwen Stacey's swan dive, Venom's existence, etc... So I don't think the teen angst angle is out of character for him.

Maybe his smartass banter while fighting is throwing you off a little.

Peter Parker practically invented teen angst.

Agreed. I was hesitant about Evans as Captain but he made me forget my worries. I thought he did well

Also because I saw this in Lusaka, the movie cut off before the post credits scene. I assume Marvel did their usual sneak peek. What was it?

Cap working out punching a heavy bag, then Nick Fury telling him he had a new mission. Roll preview of Avengers movie.

Not sure why, but when I saw the pic of catwoman, I assumed it was a pic from her just as she's starting out....like not her full costume...and was just trying out the goggles or something?

But I don't know the full story.

Well none of us do. Just speculation. Heck, they may not even use that in the final cut.

I did read something that they were filming in Pittsburgh and there was a ton of media hype which may have pushed them to release a photo. Word is some Steelers have cameos in a football scene filmed there.

The pic I posted was a closeup. In the full one she is actually riding the bat-cycle thing. So not starting out.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/See-...ction-On-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Set-26070.html

See_Anne_Hathaway_Catwoman_Action_The_Dark_Knight_Rises_Set_1312558578.jpg

Why does that mean she's not just starting out? -- maybe she cat-burglarizes Batman and steals his batcycle, and it starts from there.

Finally saw Captain America yesterday. Needed a break after a tough last two weeks. I thought it was very well done. My only complaints would maybe be not enough action and the enemies having a weapon that was way too powerful in context that they had to make the enemy too incompetent not to use it effectively (X3 had the same problem to a point). Also there is nagging element that Cap is basically an advertisement for PEDs and that was made worse by the fact that there wasn't some type of training montage or something to show his growth as a leader.

The CGI during the skinny scenes should get them an Oscar nomination.

Young Justice returns for its 2nd season tonight on Cartoon Network at 6:30. Tonight's episode was leaked a few months ago and also shown at Comic-Con. It's a good introduction to the series if you haven't watched the first 9 episodes. There are also a lot of shout-outs to comic book fans.

Here are some stills from the ep:
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10258

Season 1, Episode 10 - Targets

Any guesses who these are supposed to be? Hint: They were characters on a past cartoon featuring DC characters.

kind of disappointing all of the other actors are the same, but edward norton isn't the hulk still :(

Loki was the first Avengers villain in the comics. I think there will be some surprises, too.

Review of The Dark Knight Rises IMAX prologue
As with the bank robbery that kicked off "The Dark Knight," the sequence we saw tonight was this movie's opening introduction of Bane, the bad guy played by Tom Hardy. It is a spectacular bigscreen sequence built around practical stunt work and some amazing camerawork, and my first impression of the whole thing is that I don't really recognize the Bane that Nolan has created for this film, and I like that. I like that he's taken this comic character which I've always seen as somewhat ridiculous and, in less than ten minutes, turned him into something between a cult leader and a crime lord, a figure of real terror.

TheDarkKnightRisesPoster.jpg

Review of The Dark Knight Rises IMAX prologue
As with the bank robbery that kicked off "The Dark Knight," the sequence we saw tonight was this movie's opening introduction of Bane, the bad guy played by Tom Hardy. It is a spectacular bigscreen sequence built around practical stunt work and some amazing camerawork, and my first impression of the whole thing is that I don't really recognize the Bane that Nolan has created for this film, and I like that. I like that he's taken this comic character which I've always seen as somewhat ridiculous and, in less than ten minutes, turned him into something between a cult leader and a crime lord, a figure of real terror.

TheDarkKnightRisesPoster.jpg

Any details about where and when I have to suffer through another Mission impossible to see this?

never understood the hate for the MI series; i assume it was the weird hate on Tom Cruise. i think they're pretty good for popcorn action movies, especially the first one.

Haven't seen any of the MI movies. Thinking about checking this one out at the IMAX since parents will be in town for the holidays and my like is a Tom Cruise fan.

MI:1 was really good, 2 was decent and I never saw 3 but i'm pretty pumped about this one. The scene on the tallest building in the world just looks insane.

Back