• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

wasn't there a lot of shit with Whedon and his ex-wife? I remember something where she insinuated that he has some skeletons in his closet and she pointed out that he used their marriage as an easy way to point to being a feminist and get out of heat in the past

After a couple of days I still haven't seen anything further. At a glance this reeks to me of "My boss was mean to me". None of the other JL or even Avengers actors have come forward with support for Fisher's sentiments (that I know of).

The only thing I've seen so far is they had some sort of argument when Fisher refused to use Cyborg's "Booyah!" catch phrase from the cartoon. Maybe more of the substance of the dispute will surface with time.

wasn't there a lot of shit with Whedon and his ex-wife? I remember something where she insinuated that he has some skeletons in his closet and she pointed out that he used their marriage as an easy way to point to being a feminist and get out of heat in the past

Yeah, but that was also a lot of vague innuendo.

I certainly wouldn't rule out that he's an enormous jerk, but I would like to hear the allegations of what he actually did rather than someone's characterization of it.

Haven’t raved about Stargirl in awhile.

This is an excellent show that really should change the game for superhero shows. Each episode is like a midseason finale. But every shocking finish has real consequences that advance the plot and maintain a quick pace. This show is a masterclass for superhero TV on how to flesh out characters and advance a plot without sacrificing anything. There’s no “villain of the week.” There’s no filler eps. There’s one consistent dominant plot. There’s fun gradual world building along with the quick plot development.

Courtney is a wonderful lead character. They managed to do what is seemingly impossible. She’s a female character who isn’t sexualized by the camera or any character. She portrayed as a kid. She’s not a Mary Sue. She has clear leadership qualities but she makes plenty of mistakes. Courtney is at a frustrating stage of a hero’s journey. But they did a great job establishing her as a fun, likable, charismatic character that the frustration doesn’t damage the character and you understand why people follow her.

The latest episode was fantastic. Wow. That’s why I watch this show as soon as it comes out on Sunday night at midnight. I felt like I needed a vacation after this episode. I was literally on the edge of my seat the last 10 minutes.

It really is very good. I was surprised by the Brainwave reveal and all he did this last episode. I feel that the whole, Courtney thinks Star Man is her father thing could have easily been resolved once her mom found out about her.

I think it was. We will see what happens next week based on that email though.

I think it was. We will see what happens next week based on that email though.

Yeah but I mean, how hard would it have been for her mom to look at a picture of Star Man and say, "no honey, that's not your dad"?

Yeah but I mean, how hard would it have been for her mom to look at a picture of Star Man and say, "no honey, that's not your dad"?

Well the picture in the locket kind of looks like Joel McHale. And it looks like Courtney's dad is going to be in next week's episode and I haven't seen any casting news. So it's possible McHale will be playing Sam Kurtis.

Barbara did tell Courtney he wasn't her dad. But she did look at the pictures in her office.

CBM: Watchmen free on HBO.com for Juneteenth (June 19-21)

I bring up the Illuminati pretty frequently, so maybe you’re taking about me? Not sure if that’s what you meant.

But that’s the logical place to go for phase 4 and beyond...er.

See what I did there? It’s a Secret Wars reference. :dork:

Hey Deadbolt!
[h=1]Marvel's Illuminati Reportedly In Development For MCU[/h]
https://screenrant.com/marvel-illuminati-comic-development-mcu-movie-tv-show/

ComicCon at Home started yesterday. Here is the Thursday schedule:

https://www.comic-con.org/cciathome/2020/thursday

Last edited:
Well the picture in the locket kind of looks like Joel McHale. And it looks like Courtney's dad is going to be in next week's episode and I haven't seen any casting news. So it's possible McHale will be playing Sam Kurtis.

Barbara did tell Courtney he wasn't her dad. But she did look at the pictures in her office.

Saw the preview for the next ep and some other dude is playing Sam Kurtis.

Three more eps left in the season.

Forgot to add Speed from WandaVision as well. Cassie Lang has already been introduced so that's not a problem. Not sure how you bring in Patriot though. Maybe through the Winter Soldier show?

That scene with Falcon at what looks like a predominately black high school or HBCU band competition or Captain America celebration at a predominately black institution provides a possible window.

Saw the preview for the next ep and some other dude is playing Sam Kurtis.

Three more eps left in the season.

I'm curious where they go in the next season. Maybe a young Injustice Society with baby Wolverine and a few others.

The Falcon & Winter Soldier show supposedly has some shades of the X-Men universe including Wolverine villains.

Anybody seen any of the Comic Con panels yet?

The latest episode of Star Girl was a little slow but I think it set up the finale very nicely.

I had never watched Clone Wars before but I starting watching it from the beginning a few months ago, finally finishing it last night. I knew what was coming and all with Order 66 but man, it got me right in the feels.

The Falcon & Winter Soldier show supposedly has some shades of the X-Men universe including Wolverine villains.

Anybody seen any of the Comic Con panels yet?

I really hope if they're going to do Omega Red, they do it right. He doesn't really seem to fit into that cannon other than the fact that he's Russian. It still blows my mind that there have been 9 X Men movies, 3 of which were stand alone Wolverine movies, and none of them mentioned Omega Red.

Bring.It

If there ever was a sense of genre oversaturation, it's long passed for me. I need new content, hopefully Disney releases Black Widow and/or New Mutants like they're doing with Mulan. No need to hold out for when they can fill a theater because we're not seeing those for a while yet.

The new season of Umbrella Academy is out now. I need to finish S1.

Also

It was supposed to come out this summer.

Hm, I thought I had scanned some reviews but no. I suppose I was reading reactions to the trailer.

For the first time in my life, there will be Star Trek that airs, er... streams, and I won't be watching it. Lower Decks is awful and no, I'm not letting the show "find its groove". F U current Trek and a mega F U to the man I've come to hate more than Trump, Stephen Miller or Mike Kryzyewski - Alex Kurtzman.

Back