• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

I may have underrated it. I saw it a long time ago. Regardless, those first 5 were all good movies, actually better than I expected them to be. Honestly, I didn't think the bottom three were THAT bad. They just don't hold up well particularly with respect to the new Marvel Studios movies. I'd love to see their take on FF, X-Men, or Spiderman. I know the least about the Avengers since they've had less animated series.

Blade was good, and kind of kick started the Marvel movie craze, but I don't think it was great. Blade has always been a really marginal character, I think the popularity of the character is more because of the cultural obsession with vampires.

I'd rank the first flicks for Marvel:

Iron Man
Spider-Man
Thor
X-Men

Hulk (Norton reboot)
FF

Daredevil
Punisher

As a certified comic geek (recovering), I thought it was a good attempt at capturing all of the elements of Thor. It's really difficult to try to distill all of the elements from 40+ years of comic continuity as well as all of the Norse Myths into a 2 hour movie. Sif and the Warriors Three didn't add much to the plot, but had to be in the movie.

One of the things that made the first Iron Man movie great was that they didn't try to do too much. That, and Robert Downey, Jr. is a perfect Tony Stark.

We saw the movie in 3D and agree with the previous poster who recommended to see the movie in 2D.

As a certified comic geek (recovering), I thought it was a good attempt at capturing all of the elements of Thor. It's really difficult to try to distill all of the elements from 40+ years of comic continuity as well as all of the Norse Myths into a 2 hour movie. Sif and the Warriors Three didn't add much to the plot, but had to be in the movie.

One of the things that made the first Iron Man movie great was that they didn't try to do too much. That, and Robert Downey, Jr. is a perfect Tony Stark.

We saw the movie in 3D and agree with the previous poster who recommended to see the movie in 2D.

Define "recovering."

That's why I never really got into comic books. I didn't have much cash as a kid at all and I would have been a dead broke kid if I was into comics.

Hardy is going to such a badass as Bane. Can't wait for Dark Knight Rises

Fox cancelled Human Target a few days ago. Don't think most people realized that was a DC Comics character. I'd like to see another network pick it up. Made me think of some the old 80's action adventure show.

Also Smallville had its series finale last week.

From what I heard, everything about that Wonder Woman show except for Tyra from FNL as Wonder Woman sucked. It was from David E. Kelley, so it was basically Ally McBeal with Wonder Woman.

If you want to see quality Wonder Woman, check out the animated movie that came out 2 years ago. Excellent. Great story. Beautifully told.

Still haven't seen the Smallville finale yet. I stopped watching several seasons ago when the whole Clark-Lana stuff got completely ridiculous and she started getting powers or something like that. So I randomly tune in at the beginning of this season to see they've basically got a Justice League going and the show revolves around Green Arrow as well as Clark and it's a who's who of big time DC characters coming in and out every week.

By the way, Smallville developed out of an idea to do a similar show about Bruce Wayne. Last time I looked, the wiki for the Bruce Wayne concept described the pilot in depth. It would have been very interesting. It still boggles me that there were able to do a live-action Superman for 10 years that was faithful to the character on the lowest budget network, but we can't get a major DC or Marvel character on a major network. How sweet could a live-action Batman be? On a similar thread on the Quad, I pitched a concept for a Kingpin show that could be sick.

Very encouraging review of X-Men: First Class (mild spoilers of characters and overall setting):
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-...st-class-offers-sleek-smart-superhero-thrills

I am happier overall with "X-Men: First Class" than with any other film released so far in the "X-Men" franchise at Fox. And I suspect that when I see it again before my full review, I may find even more to like about it. Right now, I'm still sort of in shock at how much of it works, and how ambitious the entire thing is.
-----------

I thought X-Men and X2 were quite good for the time. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't age well next time I see them. X3 and Wolverine were horrible. Wouldn't take a huge effort for this to be better than them. I'd feel good about the direction Fox is going with the X-Men franchise if this turns out to be good.

X2 was the closest thing to what the X-Men are supposed to be, even if flawed. I have high hopes for this film.

X2 was the closest thing to what the X-Men are supposed to be, even if flawed. I have high hopes for this film.

X2 was very good.

I wasn't looking forward to this at first, but the buzz around it seems pretty positive, so I'm getting cautiously optimistic that it will be good.

X2 was very good.

I wasn't looking forward to this at first, but the buzz around it seems pretty positive, so I'm getting cautiously optimistic that it will be good.

Same here. When they announced First Class I was really not optimistic. But as time has gone along, the buzz for this film has gotten me interested. I tend to believe the X-Men produce the best stories and the most engaging characters. They are usually very good at nailing down the balance between action, emotion, and social commentary. I'm very excited for some of the characters in this movie, namely Frost, Shaw, and Havok.

You all are going to love the trailer for my movie. Webs. Hands. Period.

Thor was pretty good, although I didn't really understand the end.

Back