• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: Invincible season 2 returns March 14; X-Men '97 premieres March 20

Very different shows.

I'm curious where they go with these powers. Is there an underground version of the Brotherhood out there?

They've done a great job of vaguely placing this show in an X-Men universe without specifically being an X-Men show. Legion did as well. Loved the references to a popular X-Men character. I always assumed that facility was in the East. Not sure why.

Like that spider verse trailer as well. Would be nice to see Miles Morales on the big screen. Introduce him in one of the other properties and you could get a lot of mileage out of him in phase 4 and beyond. You could even start it as a YA section of the larger marvel world and as the target audience ages you age MM into the marvel universe proper.

I think the plan is to introduce Miles Morales at some point after Peter becomes an adult Spider-Man. Perhaps Peter mentors Miles like Stark is mentoring Peter. Depends on how quickly they get Peter out of high school and into college.

You don't hire Donald Glover for a bit part, unless you plan on using him at some point down the road though. No idea when they plan on making him the Prowler and when they'll use him in Miles' origin.

I definitely like the idea of YA section of the MCU. It could be anchored by Miles Morales and Ms. Marvel. Give them each a PG solo film, then a team-up.

The Runaways is already starting that on the TV side. New Warriors will do the same.

Looks like it's officially official.

There's nothing really keeping Disney from starting the X-Men from scratch, at least in the movies. The big question is if Disney should start the X-Men in their own universe or fold them into the MCU.

Legion and The Gifted are fine where they are. When Disney bought Marvel they took three good Marvel animated shows off the air and started their own crappier shows. Hope that doesn't happen here.

the disney streaming service just got more interesting. however, I think there will be pushback on antitrust basis.

Recently read that fox can't include FF because they have a distribution deal with the FF licensee rather than the actual rights like with x-men. It does mean that they might own the rights to distribute any FF movie. If that is the case they could potentially force the company that owns the rights to work with them on any future project or just refuse to distribute any film and strong arm them into selling the rights back.

Could get interesting.

the disney streaming service just got more interesting. however, I think there will be pushback on antitrust basis.

maybe, i think one reason for leaving Fox News and the other Stayco assets with Murdoch is to appease Trump and keep antitrust off their backs. Another major reason of course is that Disney doesn't want the political ramifications of owning Fox News.

If it's like Universal having Hulk distribution rights, the MCU could include the F4 but not have a specific F4 film.

CBM: CW Crisis on Earth X Crossover / Agents of SHIELD returns

Who is who always brings up the Illuminati?

The possibilities are endless. They could do a full on Storm-Black Panther action romance film. Include Captain Marvel in Rogue's origin. Magneto and Wanda.

Unfortunately this will slow down things like how Thor 3 and Black Panther were moved back for Spider-Man.

Does it slow things down? No way they can stick with 3 Marvel movies per year.

Do they go 1 team up (some combo incl avangers) 1 cosmic (gotg, ff), 1 new character intro, 1 solo character (spidey, black panther, deadpool etc) 1 x-men

Does it slow things down? No way they can stick with 3 Marvel movies per year.

Do they go 1 team up (some combo incl avangers) 1 cosmic (gotg, ff), 1 new character intro, 1 solo character (spidey, black panther, deadpool etc) 1 x-men

I feel like they would do best to keep Deadpool as his own separate thing, if they are going to continue the series after 2.

The current X Men franchise has botched so many things, they can pretty much do whatever they want. I'm not a huge fan of Cyclops, but he was oddly ignored in the original franchise.

It's going to be tough to top a lot of the original casting, if they try, but plot-wise they're blank slate as far as I'm concerned. The Phoenix plot would seem to make the most sense given how powerful characters have gotten in the MCU. Or maybe something with Apocalypse since they will already have Cable.

Last edited:
I think the consensus will be that it's a-ok to go scorched Earth with the Fox properties. Personally I don't have any particular attachment to any actor-character pairing. My only request would be some sort of Old Man Logan integration, like they've done in the comics, if that gets Jackman involved. He recently said, when asked about this deal, that he was officially out, that "Logan" was a satisfactory ending to him. But, sometimes minds change.

ETA - oh yeah, Reynolds and Deadpool is a actor-character pairing I have a particular attachment to.

Last edited:
I think they'll keep Deadpool as his own thing much like Fox did. I think he'll do cameos in other films, but not on team ups.

Who is who always brings up the Illuminati?

The possibilities are endless. They could do a full on Storm-Black Panther action romance film. Include Captain Marvel in Rogue's origin. Magneto and Wanda.

Unfortunately this will slow down things like how Thor 3 and Black Panther were moved back for Spider-Man.

I bring up the Illuminati pretty frequently, so maybe you’re taking about me? Not sure if that’s what you meant.

But that’s the logical place to go for phase 4 and beyond...er.

See what I did there? It’s a Secret Wars reference. :dork:

Yep. You're who I'm talking about!

I'm guessing this is why Feige has been vague about Phase 4. The Disney brass had to let him know this was in the works.

I don't even the task of trying to do an apolitical X-Men story in this political climate.

Back