• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UConn ranked #23

When is this game? I don't feel like giving wakeforestsports.com a hit

Let's hope the assistant coaches can pick up the obvious slack that is [Redacted] this year. In every season of every sport ever played there are surprise teams that sucked the year before but are good the follwing season. Please let that be one of those seasons.

i'm guessing you didn't watch the Radford game because my conclusion from that game is that we unfortunately still suck. there will be no surprise from a Jeff [Redacted] coached team

Uconn is 38th in KenPom.

vs. teams ranked 38th and better, Jeff Bzelik is 0-17 at WF.

Out of those 17 Games, 16 were double-digit losses (with the only 'outlier' being an 8 point loss)

So you're saying there's a chance! (for us to only lose by single digits)

For anybody bored enough to watch; Uconn plays the Catamounts tonight on ESPN3. Vermont is #124

Until you realize that the past two teams have been Jeff [Redacted]'s best finishing squads in Offensive OR% in his 7 years of head coaching.

It sounds like a compliment until I further clarify that those teams both finished 321st out of 345 teams. His AFA and Colorado squads ranked 330th, 332nd, 323rd, 342nd, and 341st respectively.

Defensive OR% isn't much better. His past 5 teams (from most to least recent) have been 220th, 283rd, 335th, 220th, and 158th.

Those stats are pretty damn absurd.

Indeed they are. The AFA numbers are almost excusable (given the height restriction), but the Colorado and Wake ones are not. How can anyone think he's a good coach when his teams have consistently failed miserably in a core aspect of the game?

How can anyone think he's a good coach when his teams have consistently failed miserably in a core aspect of the game?

I guess you know more about basketball than Pat Riley eh?

I guess you know more about basketball than Pat Riley eh?

Curious thing about Pat Riley: he's filled a head coaching job twice as GM of the Heat and doesn't seem to have even interviewed Jeff [Redacted]...

Curious thing about Pat Riley: he's filled a head coaching job twice as GM of the Heat and doesn't seem to have even interviewed Jeff [Redacted]...

Hmmmmm. PERPLEXING

It's part of the [Redacted] / Wellman bromance.

"Jeff [Redacted] is one of the smartest, most knowledgeable, hardest working coaches I have ever worked with. His teams in the NBA and college have achieved beyond their talent levels. Recruits to Wake Forest will play for a coach who was successful in the NBA for a long time and will teach them what they need to know to make it to the NBA."
- Stan Van Gundy, Head Coach, Orlando Magic

If we are only down five with a minute to go (and get blown out once we start hacking and fouling) I think we have to consider giving this team and its leadership a reprieve from constant attack.

If we win, people need to lay off Bzz en masse.

If we are only down five with a minute to go (and get blown out once we start hacking and fouling) I think we have to consider giving this team and its leadership a reprieve from constant attack.

If we win, people need to lay off Bzz en masse.

This might be the worst thing you've ever posted. I will never, ever lay off Bzz. Like, not ever (T-Swift agrees).

"Jeff [Redacted] is one of the smartest, most knowledgeable, hardest working coaches I have ever worked with. His teams in the NBA and college have achieved beyond their talent levels. Recruits to Wake Forest will play for a coach who was successful in the NBA for a long time and will teach them what they need to know to make it to the NBA."
- Stan Van Gundy, Head Coach, Orlando Magic

Lol. Where is he coaching now?

"Jeff [Redacted] is one of the top coaches in the country, and one of the most prepared and experienced. Jeff may be quiet and soft spoken in demeanor, but he is also an intense competitor that understands the pursuit of excellence on and off the court. Jeff has always stressed trust, hard work and togetherness, and he has always been about the players first. From the NBA to college, Jeff has seen it all in this game, has handled everything with class, and has been successful at every stop. Wake Forest got a good one in Jeff [Redacted]."
- Jay Bilas, ESPN Basketball Analyst

Back