• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Phonz on WF Football

Don't remember this at all.

I was copying what the poster wrote as in "no more Bud." So, no probably no one was saying "no more Phonz", but the point was people were down on Phonz after his soph season as well, so don't write Bud off yet. If he returns that is.

I can't understand anything athletes say on twitter, but I generally agree with what I think he was going for.

Last edited:
Alphonso Smith ‏@AlphonsoSmith2
Dear #WFU hire me & @AaronCurry51 football- READY!!! To fulfill the 2nd & final part of my dream jobs

So don not want Curry near our program.

Phonz calling it quits on his playing days? I know he's had a rough go of it, but I still think dude has NFL talent.

Phonz calling it quits on his playing days? I know he's had a rough go of it, but I still think dude has NFL talent.

I think his biggest problem is hight, not athletic ability. An unfortunate case of so close yet so far away.

Seems that Phonz and AC are shamelessly campaigning for a place on Wake's staff...or, am I totally misreading their tweets?

Would love to have phonzzzzz. Curry, on the other hand, can go somewhere else. He (curry) has already proven his loyalty to wake.

Would love to have phonzzzzz. Curry, on the other hand, can go somewhere else. He (curry) has already proven his loyalty to wake.

I agree. It would infuse some fresh enthusiasm into our program to hire Phonz.

Maybe we could bring back Proehl to be our OC. Is he still with the Panthers?

I don't see why Phonso couldn't be brought in, in some capacity. Grobe loves him and Phonz is a Wake legend who everyone loves.

I think Proehl runs some sort of workout place and helps out with the Panthers. I can't remember.

Phonz and Gattis are two of my favorite players of all time.

Hasn't called it quits but has always had an interest in someday returning to Wake. Currently down in Florida with his family still staying in football shape, but chances look slim he'll be back on a team this year. I think he'll have a decent shot during the offseason.

Back