• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Phonz on WF Football

13DeaconFan

Reaction score
Phonz is blowing up Twitter... example 1:WF FBall cont..whomever isn't onboard with that F%# YOU. U only WIN thru teamWORK, effortWORK, & BELIEFwork! MEN WORK boys want gifts...another 2:Dear WF FBall continued... I love the black & gold which means I love y'all! shut your mouth... Put your head down & WORK, WORK, & more WORK...and more 3:Dear WF Football, pointing fingers is for LOSERS; it takes a real man & real competitor to point his THUMB! Man up & stop complaining like...thoughts?

Clearly we do not know the whole story, but I agree with him--the teams he won on had many of the same challenges as our current team. Just another reason why Phonz is my favorite Deac football player.

Lol. I can't take him serious when he says "BELIEFwork"

Clearly we do not know the whole story, but I agree with him--the teams he won on had many of the same challenges as our current team. Just another reason why Phonz is my favorite Deac football player.
Mine too, and he had a challenged sophomore season like Bud, let's see how Bud comes back from it next year...his mentor ought to fire him up.

Goes without saying...but Phonz and most of the fresh Deacs are cut from a different cloth than some guys on our current roster. I will take his work ethic and attitude over stars and hype any day.

Goes without saying...but Phonz and most of the fresh Deacs are cut from a different cloth than some guys on our current roster. I will take his work ethic and attitude over stars and hype any day.

If he is still unemployed next season, we should hire him...

Bottom line is the whole program, coaches and players, need to have a gut check asap. Either they have and are willing to devote the talent, heart, desire, and work ethic to succeed or they don't. Those that don't need to get out of the way for those that do and will work hard (goes for coaches and players). I wish we had a million Phonz in our playing and coaching ranks.

Bottom line is the whole program, coaches and players, need to have a gut check asap. Either they have and are willing to devote the talent, heart, desire, and work ethic to succeed or they don't. Those that don't need to get out of the way for those that do and will work hard (goes for coaches and players). I wish we had a million Phonz in our playing and coaching ranks.

This. Negative attitudes are contagious and spread like herpes during Cancun spring break when things are going south...that being said- Jim Grobe and co. get paid the big bucks to motivate these kids and from a fans perspective, there wasn't much motivating going on on our sidelines.

I still believe there needs to be a staff shake up...like, Lobo and Knorr out...and maybe reevaluate the s&c program.

He's right about the players needing to keep their heads down. But the coaches are a problem regardless, and I can't blame them for wanting out.

Phonz's quotes are probably the most sensible things that have been posted on this board since the Duke game.

I have begged him to come back here and coach one day I think he would be perfect

Seems like we need a high energy guy on the sidelines.

Let's just hire Tim Fuller and Josh Gattis as our head coaches and see what happens. I'm desperate for some energy and enthusiasm around Wake sports.

Back