• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lawn Care Thread

How the fuck anyone could prefer Bermuda or Zoysia relative to fescue is beyond me.

Fescue won't grow everywhere.

If you can't grow Fescue, growing Bermuda, Zoysia, St. Augustine or something else is preferable to dead fescue or dead rye or dead bluegrass.

Last edited:
How the fuck anyone could prefer Bermuda or Zoysia relative to fescue is beyond me.

I think a lot of it has to do with where you live (no shit).

Fescue here in Atlanta gets destroyed in the summer, so you are basically starting from scratch every September. It looks great in the winter and spring, but it also isn't overly durable.

The Zeon Zoysia we have in our front yard is like a thick and soft carpet where my family and I run around carefree and play tag barefoot.

I think a lot of it has to do with where you live (no shit).

Fescue here in Atlanta gets destroyed in the summer, so you are basically starting from scratch every September. It looks great in the winter and spring, but it also isn't overly durable.

The Zeon Zoysia we have in our front yard is like a thick and soft carpet where my family and I run around carefree and play tag barefoot.

Fair enough - it defs get thin in August here in Raleigh but bounces back once you overseed.

Trying to outdo BiffTannen is one of this board's favorite pastimes.

Dormant zoysia is the same as a tree that has lost its leaves. It is a natural cycle. NBD. Nobody says "ew, naked trees."

Dormant zoysia is the same as a tree that has lost its leaves. It is a natural cycle. NBD. Nobody says "ew, naked trees."

Are you saying that nobody prefers trees with leaves on them ?

Are you saying that nobody prefers trees with leaves on them ?
People set their expectations according to natural cycles. Evergreen trees have a following, but it's not like your fescue > zoysia.

The pros of zoysia way outnumber the cons.

Summer > winter.

Also, zoysia is for cookier cutter McMansions.

Y'all know that the wild onions will eventually just blend in with your grass when it gets warmer, right.

And I really think that large patches of clover make a yard pop.

large patches of clover are usually useful to cover up the rusted out car parts in your yard.

large patches of clover are usually useful to cover up the rusted out car parts in your yard.

Sorry, bro. I'm too busy feeding America to tow the old pickup to the backyard. Plus, there's bees and shit nesting in there.

Y'all know that the wild onions will eventually just blend in with your grass when it gets warmer, right.

And I really think that large patches of clover make a yard pop.

I did just learn that they're perfectly edible (as long as you haven't sprayed any pesticide). I'm about to save a fortune on scallion costs.

Back