• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

iTunes 11

How am i blindly defending anything? What is there to even be angry about re: iTunes 11? What critical feature is it missing from previous versions? People just look for reasons to take to the message boards and vent about shit. That's my point. If you don't like Apple products, there are plenty of other options.

I think I was on iTunes 7 before switching to a new computer last May. Glad my reaction not to upgrade what ain't broke helped me out this time.

This is exactly the problem. 11 is a nearly complete overhaul of the user interface, when most regular users of 10.7 seemed to be perfectly happy with it. There was absolutely zero need to make the sweeping changes they decided to make, except to make it "sleeker" and "cooler" or whatever the hell the reason was.

In this thread, PotentPotables blindly defends Apple products. Hey, what else is new?

I'm a total Android fanboy and rarely use iTunes, but I don't really see anything wrong with the new interface. All my songs are there. There's less UI bloat. What's the issue?

This is exactly the problem. 11 is a nearly complete overhaul of the user interface, when most regular users of 10.7 seemed to be perfectly happy with it. There was absolutely zero need to make the sweeping changes they decided to make, except to make it "sleeker" and "cooler" or whatever the hell the reason was.

Click on "songs", click "view" at top and click on "show sidebar".

Like i said, it's pretty much exactly the same, except better iTunes integration and a better search feature.

https://uproxx.com/music/apple-itunes-app-discontinued-music/

Sooo with iTunes getting the ax, is there any word on how the Apple Music app will be able to transfer library data? I don't use iTunes at all for purchasing music (or anything else), but I do still use it to curate my digital music library. Am I going to have to re-do the entirety of that shit?

Back