• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

iTunes 11

drew

Reaction score
Anyone tried it yet? It was released last night. It makes my head hurt, although the cloud integration is pretty awesome.

The best things are definitely up next and the itunes store integration. it's a step in the right direction.

I was going to make a pirating comment, but tags beat me to it.

iTunes store integration? Does that mean I won't have to go to the UK iTunes store to get shit I can't find in the US store?

Got the update today and it fucked up my library I have spent hundreds of hours of my life tweaking and keeping straight. Missing album art, albums being split up, and a weird interface. Typical of the "new Apple"... just get it out whether it works or not.

Miserable "upgrade". Where the hell is the "iTunes DJ" or whatever it was called that would play random songs? That's the only way I listened to music and it seems to be gone...

Anybody know how to revert back to an older version? The more I use this new piece of shit, the worse it gets.

You'll need to have a copy of the old installer around or find a website with it.

I tried to upgrade, but the installer kept failing. Good thing I didn't get it to work!

It installed a corrupted version of iTunes for me. Yay.

Anybody know how to revert back to an older version? The more I use this new piece of shit, the worse it gets.

You'll need to have a copy of the old installer around or find a website with it.

Definitely googled "downgrade iTunes 11" and got a ton of results. Turns out there is quite a large contingent of people on the interwebs that absolutely hate the new version. Lucky me.

Note: if you attempt this, MAKE SURE you back up your iTunes library file first. Otherwise you'll lose all your data.

Got the update today and it fucked up my library I have spent hundreds of hours of my life tweaking and keeping straight. Missing album art, albums being split up, and a weird interface. Typical of the "new Apple"... just get it out whether it works or not.

Not surprising that once Jobs was gone, things started falling to shit once again.

lol "falling to shit" Last time i checked, Apple is still the most valuable tech company in the world. I don't mind the new iTunes, the search feature is great.

Apple is still figuring out how to make it without Jobs. Promoting Jon Ive as UI designer was a huge start.

Until windows offers something other than Xbox that isn't a complete waste of time, Apple will still own the market.

Was there ever a chance that there wouldn't be a strong contingent of people that hated the new iTunes no matter what that product was?

STEVE JOBS NEVER WOULD HAVE ALLOWED THIS... except he swung and missed on Ping and MobileMe.

i started using it this morning. I didn't lose any data. I'm not crazy about the interface for adding songs to a playlist.

I think I was on iTunes 7 before switching to a new computer last May. Glad my reaction not to upgrade what ain't broke helped me out this time.

lol "falling to shit" Last time i checked, Apple is still the most valuable tech company in the world. I don't mind the new iTunes, the search feature is great.

Apple is still figuring out how to make it without Jobs. Promoting Jon Ive as UI designer was a huge start.

Until windows offers something other than Xbox that isn't a complete waste of time, Apple will still own the market.

Dude, I'm an Apple fan. I have a lot of Apple products in my home. In the past couple years since Jobs began to be more hands off (and eventually passed away) there have been noticeable quality concerns. It's one thing to be ambitious and miss on something like Ping and MobileMe...it's another thing entirely to put out inferior products, such as Maps and Podcasts, and half baked Beta products like Siri. The old wisdom was Apple may not get it to market first, but when they do it just works. That's not been the case in the most recent product cycles.

I guess i'm just curious why there's such hate for Apple lately, especially from self-identified Apple fans? Because DJ (or as you said "whatever you call it") is gone? Seriously? Did anybody even use that once?

It's still the same exact iTunes, minus DJ and Coverflow (and Ping). If you click on "songs" at the top, it's exactly the same as the old iTunes layout.

In this thread, PotentPotables blindly defends Apple products. Hey, what else is new?

Back