• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dead Bodies of Mt. Everest

What kind of over-entitled asshole decides to tackle Everest with a sherpa doing all of the work, even to the point of dragging their lard ass up the mountain on a short rope?

There's no glory in that! When it's done all you can say "Tenzig drug my fat ass up the biggest hill, and I didn't die."

What kind of over-entitled asshole decides to tackle Everest with a sherpa doing all of the work, even to the point of dragging their lard ass up the mountain on a short rope?

There's no glory in that! When it's done all you can say "Tenzig drug my fat ass up the biggest hill, and I didn't die."

Stuff White People Like

This is 100% something Ron Wellman would do.

As someone who has climbed the highest mountain on 5 of the 7 continents, and driven across the top of Mount Mitchell, I can say that the unexamined and unchallenged life is one not worth living.

As someone who has climbed the highest mountain on 5 of the 7 continents, and driven across the top of Mount Mitchell, I can say that the unexamined and unchallenged life is one not worth living.

i can't tell if this is true or not

Everest, Aconcagua, Denali, and Vinson Massif all p tough climbs. I think Biff could pull it off though. In Sperrys.

yeah but almost all are completed via sherpa. my super hard ass brother in law even went the sherpa route for the 3 he's done so far

For the record, I have summited the tallest mountain in the world (base to peak). Didn't even use a Sherpa (just a Toyota Tundra).

Can't you people just google "mountaineering casual" ?

I've become fascinated by mountain climbing lately, and actually booked a trip to Seattle next May to climb Rainier. I have a bigger goal of climbing Denali a few years down the road and this is just the start. No fucking way would I ever entertain something like Everest.

hz69YUpLt247u.gif

I might climb Mt. Snowdon in Wales. Six hours to the top and back. Wear good walking shoes. :wiggle:

Back