• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dead Bodies of Mt. Everest

What kind of over-entitled asshole decides to tackle Everest with a sherpa doing all of the work, even to the point of dragging their lard ass up the mountain on a short rope?

There's no glory in that! When it's done all you can say "Tenzig drug my fat ass up the biggest hill, and I didn't die."

The same people who go to Africa and shoot elephants and lions.

I've become fascinated by mountain climbing lately, and actually booked a trip to Seattle next May to climb Rainier. I have a bigger goal of climbing Denali a few years down the road and this is just the start. No fucking way would I ever entertain something like Everest.

Denali is much more dangerous than Everest.

made me look up the most dangerous summits to climb...and what the fucking fuck!?!?

who would try this mountain with this ratio?!?! 29% DEATH rate!

"
1. Annapurna

Since its first ascent in 1950, Annapurna has been climbed by more than 130 people, but 53 have died trying. This high fatality rate makes Annapurna, the 10th highest mountain in the world, the most statistically dangerous of the 8,000 meter peaks."

https://matadornetwork.com/trips/11-most-dangerous-mountains-in-the-world-for-climbers/

My dad and I have long talked about trekking in the Himalayas and stopping at Everest base camp, but he's probably too old at this point.

He's 65. A hike of half a mile at most (granted uphill in ski boots) gassed him in Aspen this March at ~10,000 feet.

You get tired if there's no valet parking at a bar...

hqdefault.jpg

But you have been a consistently, colossal douchebag for as long as you have been on the boards.

You should be sooooo proud....
I hope this makes you feel better about yourself, Rick!

Good luck to ya!

I disagree. The challenge with Denali is the cold, which is an easier problem to solve than being at an altitude where your body is literally dying every minute due to lack of oxygen.

Obviously it's not trivial and there is danger involved.

Back