• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dead Bodies of Mt. Everest

Yeah, the deaths from the past couple of weeks have come from mismanagement of the death zone. Every climber knows he might die on Everest, but if you throw in a logjam of people at 29,000 feet the risks become much greater. Under typical circumstances, not bottleneck, and reasonably good weather, the vast majority of these climbers who died would have made it back alive, like most of the 250 - 300 other climbers have this month.

Regardless of whether or not it is a metal way to go, there is some Darwinism at work when talking about people dying while climbing a humongous mountain that they were neither being chased up nor had to cross for societal expansion purposes.

Regardless of whether or not it is a metal way to go, there is some Darwinism at work when talking about people dying while climbing a humongous mountain that they were neither being chased up nor had to cross for societal expansion purposes.

Not if those people have already procreated before attempting to climb said humongous mountain.

Speaking of...

Was on vacay with some of my wife's extended fam over Memorial Day. We watched some idiot die in an idiotic way, "Darwin Award nominee", I said in passing.

You would have thought I just poked Jesus in the eye with my dick.

Religious people are nutty.

Speaking of...

Was on vacay with some of my wife's extended fam over Memorial Day. We watched some idiot die in an idiotic way, "Darwin Award nominee", I said in passing.

Hold on - you can't drop that out there without some details.

Speaking of...

Wait, you watched a guy die and mocked his death directly after it happened?? and you think religious people are nutty??

Internet videos have desensitized us from reality in a wild way.

Can you imagine getting all psyched up to climb this mountain and then dying while you wait in line? That's like an astronaut biting it by falling out of the capsule after it lands in the ocean and drowning.

I'm assuming dv7 meant they saw a report of someone dying on tv, not he watched them die live. Like "man dies after trying to microwave a grenade" and dv7 said "lol darwin award" out loud.

Maybe not, maybe he watched a man die, idk.

Should Everest be shut down to climbers?

We know summit is attainable, it has been climbed in almost all manors possible. Now it just seems like the climb is nothing more than a check box on rich peoples bucket lists. Is that worth polluting the mountain, causing deaths, and destroying the culture of the people in the area. I don't think so. Shut it down. At least to non locals.

"Stately Everest Manor"

Back