• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unemployment back to 8.3%.

I think the level of conservative discourse on the boards has really fallen off. It seems like a lot of longtime pub posters have jumped the shark, the newer ones suck, and older ones who were actually worth a damn like Traderdeac don't post.

Miss the hell out of Trader. He was and i imagine still is a proponent of leveling the playing field by raising taxes on the wealthy, and with massive government spending on infrastructure

trader came out of nowhere, posted like a madman on TOS for ~1 year or so, then just disappeared. his posts were really thoughtful and i personally learned a lot from them.

There never have been all that many true Pubs on this board. This board has always had a more libertarian to liberal bent. There are fiscal conservatives, but when the topic is social in nature, there is usually a big consensus toward the liberal point of view.

we'd be down to the 7% range soon if House Republicans passed the bipartisan Senate jobs bill.

trader came out of nowhere, posted like a madman on TOS for ~1 year or so, then just disappeared. his posts were really thoughtful and i personally learned a lot from them.

rj ran him off

If you ask a child if he/she wants candy, what do you expect them to say? So when you ask the american public what they want how is it any different? People these days are better at understanding the who what when where why but we've forgotten the how much $$$$$

The man spends, and he plans to spend a lot more. There is no disputing this. The US Government is the most fantastic ponzi scheme the world will ever come to realize.

I'm behind rjkarl in rep?

If you ask a child if he/she wants candy, what do you expect them to say? So when you ask the american public what they want how is it any different? People these days are better at understanding the who what when where why but we've forgotten the how much $$$$$

The man spends, and he plans to spend a lot more. There is no disputing this. The US Government is the most fantastic ponzi scheme the world will ever come to realize.

You must be so smart. All the other sheep just can't see the truth, but the government doesn't have you fooled! Good on you sport. Do you have any more brilliant insight?

Guys the reason this number was so high is the aftermath of Sandy.

obama called in the hurricane machine. still his fault

Miss the hell out of Trader. He was and i imagine still is a proponent of leveling the playing field by raising taxes on the wealthy, and with massive government spending on infrastructure

This where I stand. I have no problem raising taxes and I have no problem spending if it spent wisely. These past 5 years we have spent trillions on banks which have merely lined the pockets of the well off for the most part.

Instead we should have been building bridges, roads, railways, high speed Internet (all things that Obama speaks of during his stump speeches), but we haven't. We invested our money poorly. Would love to see a concerted effort to rebuild America. That would be government money that would ripple through the economy numerous times.

Back