• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unemployment back to 8.3%.

unemployment%20gallup.gif

These results are based on Gallup Daily tracking interviews, conducted by landline and cell phone, with approximately 30,000 Americans throughout the month -- 67.2% of whom are active in the workforce. Gallup calculates a seasonally adjusted unemployment rate by applying the adjustment factor the government used for the same month in the previous year. Last year, the government adjusted the November rate upward by 0.5 percentage points.

It is unclear what caused the increase in the unemployment rate in November, although some experts speculate that it was caused by jobs lost as a result of superstorm Sandy. It is also possible that lackluster holiday hiring is to blame.

Although the increase in the unadjusted rate in November is a sharp contrast to the 0.9-point decline seen in October, November's 7.8% rate is still tied for the second-best unadjusted unemployment monthly reading of 2012. However, on an adjusted basis, November's rate is the highest reading in six months. Looking at year-to-year comparisons, seasonally adjusted unemployment is down from 8.9% in November 2011.

underemployment%20gallup.gif

Underemployment, as measured without seasonal adjustment, was 17.2% in November, a 1.3-point increase since the end of October. The uptick in November also puts an end to the six-month trend of improvements or no change. Still, underemployment has improved 0.9 points since November 2011.

Gallup's U.S. underemployment measure combines the percentage who are unemployed with the percentage of those working part time but looking for full-time work. Gallup does not apply a seasonal adjustment to underemployment.

So this is the new normal then.

Last edited:
Raise everbodies taxes! Slash gub'mint spendin'!

That'l fix that unempolyment number.

Raise everbodies taxes! Slash gub'mint spendin'!

That'l fix that unempolyment number.

It's not broken. If it happened under Obama, it can't be wrong. What could Obama possibly do that requires fixing? The Immaculate Election knows no fault.

Gallup is better than Rasmussen.....but that isn't saying much...

JHMD and the Austerity Band just goes round and round in circles.

the government is not creating jobs ----- Americans are lazy and don't want to work all the jobs out there in favor of handouts ------ the government isn't creating jobs ------ Americans are lazy and don't want to work all the jobs out there in favor of handouts - ----the government is not creating jobs! - freeloaders won't work the jobs offered ----no jobs!!-----freeeloaders ----the president isn't making jobs happen because he's a marxist ----bootstraps----job killing taxes-----entitlements......

jhmd and 2and2's solution? cut their services and tax them.

The deficit is the fear du jour of the trembling right. It must be fixed at all costs. Well, not at all costs. Only at a cost to the freeloading elderly and infirmed. Not the military. ohm and not the job creators. They need to be coddled into gracing us with jobs.

Last edited:
You don't need a job if the government provides family and consort love for you.

Nice work by Obama. He gamed the numbers just long enough to get re-elected then caused a Hurricane in the most populous area of the country so he could blame it when he took his finger off the button.

Are we supposed to assume Obama's Chicago goons were forcing Gallup into finding and reporting improving labor market conditions in September and October?

The real report's out tomorrow, folks.

Are we supposed to assume Obama's Chicago goons were forcing Gallup into finding and reporting improving labor market conditions in September and October?

The real report's out tomorrow, folks.

I'm convinced he's a little kid on his mom's computer who has never had a job or worked a day in his life.

I've never created a parody account but I'm certain that I could easily come up with a "Republi-bot" and "Democra-bot" that just scan the site for these and post generic back and forth, likely resembling this and many other threads.

Legalize Marijuana.

I've never created a parody account but I'm certain that I could easily come up with a "Republi-bot" and "Democra-bot" that just scan the site for these and post generic back and forth, likely resembling this and many other threads.

Legalize Marijuana.

I think the level of conservative discourse on the boards has really fallen off. It seems like a lot of longtime pub posters have jumped the shark, the newer ones suck, and older ones who were actually worth a damn like Traderdeac don't post.

I think the level of conservative discourse on the boards has really fallen off. It seems like a lot of longtime pub posters have jumped the shark, the newer ones suck, and older ones who were actually worth a damn like Traderdeac don't post.

Guilty. But what can you expect from a short bus kid?

Back