• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Midnight Moon Moonshine

I heard an interesting rumor from a firefighter from Pittsylvania County, where Tim Smith is from, but I've not seen any verification of it. According to him, the show is paying the bonding fees, incorporation fees and taxes for a few of the moonshiners so they can make it for the show without fear of being arrested. He didnt say which ones, but said it was more than one.

I heard an interesting rumor from a firefighter from Pittsylvania County, where Tim Smith is from, but I've not seen any verification of it. According to him, the show is paying the bonding fees, incorporation fees and taxes for a few of the moonshiners so they can make it for the show without fear of being arrested. He didnt say which ones, but said it was more than one.

I have watched like 30 mintues of the show in total, but wasn't one of the moonshiners trying to get licensed to legally sale moon-shine? Maybe that is the one the show is helping to incorporate.

I had not seen that article before.

I figured it couldn't be all on the up and up. How could they follow the moonshiners on one hand and the revenuers on the other hand and not somehow give one another away?

I have watched like 30 mintues of the show in total, but wasn't one of the moonshiners trying to get licensed to legally sale moon-shine? Maybe that is the one the show is helping to incorporate.

Yeah, Tim is trying to go fully legit. If I had to guess, it would be him and Jeff, Mark & Jim Tom from Graham County. Those guys have definitely had some legit product come out of the worm, as evidenced by the scene where Jeff takes a swig and spits it on the fire. Plus, they Graham County Sheriff's car drove by their still in plain sight in one of the earlier episodes.

I feel like a true North Carolinian now...just got my first holiday gift of liquor in a jar. From a co-worker of my wife. Gonna sip this weekend.

Yea, Midnight Moon is garbage. I LOVE Ole Smokey Moonshine, though. Anyone know where to get that in the Triad?

I made my own Apple Pie version using some illegal stuff from Johnston Co, and naturally apple chunks and cinnamon sugar. It was outstanding, and got better each month. THEN, after it was all gone, I took the apple chunks and threw them into a blender with some vanilla ice cream, graham crackers, and a splash of half and half. Apple Pie Blizzard with a wicked kick. So damn good.

Back