• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

normally i am all about some snow but NOT TONIGHT WHILE I AM FLYING REDEYE ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO ATLANTA AND GREENSBORO DAMMIT.fuuuu

normally i am all about some snow but NOT TONIGHT WHILE I AM FLYING REDEYE ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO ATLANTA AND GREENSBORO DAMMIT.fuuuu

You need to call ahead and book a room in Atlanta now. You won't be flying into GSO in the morning.

So what's the latest up here in the Dash? What are we looking at for tonight?

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS... ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES ARE EXPECTED

* TIMING... THE CHANGEOVER IS EXPECTED IN THE TRIAD REGION EARLY THIS EVENING... REACHING THE TRIANGLE AREA BY MID TO LATE EVENING. THE SNOW WILL DIMINISH WEST TO EAST AFTER 1 AM... ENDING IN THE EAST BY 4 AM.

* IMPACTS... SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR WILL QUICKLY LEAD TO AN ACCUMULATION ON GRASSY SURFACES. DUE TO THE WARM PAVEMENT AND THE RAIN EXPECTED PRIOR TO CHANGEOVER... MOST ROADS WILL INITIALLY REMAIN WET BUT MAY BECOME VERY SLUSHY... ESPECIALLY WHERE THE HEAVIER SNOWFALL RATES OCCUR. TEMPERATURES NEAR OR SLIGHTLY BELOW FREEZING BY EARLY FRIDAY MORNING WILL LEAD TO ROADS QUICKLY BECOMING SLICK AND HAZARDOUS... .ESPECIALLY WEST OF THE TRIANGLE. TRAVEL WILL REMAIN DANGEROUS THROUGH MOST OF FRIDAY MORNING

hourly says snow should start around 9 pm

What about for RDU peeps? Sorry just tuning in...

Just started seeing the first fat snow flakes in Waynesville...still raining hard and is mostly rain but there are definitely some fat flakes mixing in

...ETA 5 minutes later it's mostly snow...melting immediately, but it's mostly snow

....about 40 minutes after first flakes it's mostly snow (after a switchback to rain) and the slightest clear slush is forming on the tops of cars

...by 5pm it has turned back into mostly rain drizzle

Last edited:
How long will it be before this stuff melts off the grass in Winston Salem? Am I going to get to golf Saturday or not?

highs in the low to mid 40s for Friday and Saturday. :noidea:

I'll play in anything over 40 degrees, so it will definitely be warm enough on Saturday. I just want to know if this crap is going to melt away tomorrow so the course will be open on Saturday. This is serious stuff people. I'm 0-fer golf in 2013.

I'll play in anything over 40 degrees, so it will definitely be warm enough on Saturday. I just want to know if this crap is going to melt away tomorrow so the course will be open on Saturday. This is serious stuff people. I'm 0-fer golf in 2013.

:jerkit:

so apparently the media is referring to this as "Winter Storm Iago". What the? When did we start giving little snowstorms names? And what dickhead is picking the names?

258px-Iagodisney.jpeg

Its pretty much just the weather channel I think. Just ignore them.

so apparently the media is referring to this as "Winter Storm Iago". What the? When did we start giving little snowstorms names? And what dickhead is picking the names?

258px-Iagodisney.jpeg

It's the Weather Channel doing it. And I'm pretty sure it's Iago the Shakespeare character, not that one.

Back