• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

I dunno if Raleigh will even get a good thump. Looks like it’s moving East and potentially offshore. BUST.

Somebody needs to tell WRAL. They're still running wall-to-wall local coverage; reporters scattered about showing a little bit of stuff on the grass while vehicles zip by them in the background. Gonna be a LONG day trying to find something to talk about.

The heavier stuff wasn't supposed to accompany the frontal passage last night. Should kick up this afternoon around 4-5ish. My guess would be Triad/Charlotte a dusting to maybe up to 2 inches and Raleigh 2-5 inches (more NE). Already snowing in the mountains despite the radar showing nothing, which is a good sign for snow elsewhere, I'd guess.

Got a nice quick dusting so far. Neighbors were claiming it was snowing, so I turned on lights for the back deck. Absolutely dry. 10 min later, the deck is covered.

This thing overperformed. Closing in on 3 inches of powder in south Charlotte. Most fun little storm since 2018.

High Point got .5 - 1". It's real cold and there's a thin coat of snow on the roads.

Why is a foot of snow on Long Island a major news story ? Is it really that shocking that it snows up there ??

Why is a foot of snow on Long Island a major news story ? Is it really that shocking that it snows up there ??

I think they get about 24 inches of snow a year, so half of that at once is still significant.

Texas snow is like a thin layer of ice everywhere with a little dusting on top. My dog was thoroughly under impressed. I think the whole region has 6 plows though, so expect me to more at home than I normally am, which is already alot.

Texas snow is like a thin layer of ice everywhere with a little dusting on top. My dog was thoroughly under impressed. I think the whole region has 6 plows though, so expect me to more at home than I normally am, which is already alot.

Was supposed to be in San Antonio this week but for my three year old testing positive for the vid. Looking at the weather there and…. Yeesh.

Back