• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

I'm spared from eating crow on this one. Walked outside and there is literally nothing on the ground. We had a little freezing rain with some snow mixed in, but I wouldnt even call it a dusting. What really pissed me off, 3/4 of a mile north of me, there is a good 1" on the ground. Such a tease.

Roads coming into the dash from the west were clear, with occasional patches of salt. No ice or slush.

Got some snow, but not as much as we'd hoped for. Just enough to be pretty.

Out by RDU just a dusting on the ground. Could use any road updates between here and Greensboro if people have been out, but I'm guessing by noon when my meeting is over there shouldn't be any issues, especially since it's all highway.

Out by RDU just a dusting on the ground. Could use any road updates between here and Greensboro if people have been out, but I'm guessing by noon when my meeting is over there shouldn't be any issues, especially since it's all highway.

Downtown Raleigh there is literally nothing.

One of the bigger busts I can remember...at least for my area, especially considering they kept on calling for accumulation basically up until the rain/snow/slush stopped.
Asheville got a grand total of 0 snow...no dusting, no slush, no nothing.
Waynesville/Haywood County (where I work) got between a heavy dusting/ 1/2 inch to (what looked like while I was driving by) maybe an 1.5 inches.

Got a solid 3 inches or so in N Gboro. Pretty icy out there at the moment too.

I'm happy with what I got here. My pit had a good time running around in it this morning until he found the black ice right in front of the door. Ooops

no idea on winston highways, other roads seemed fine but i'd exercise caution if driving on them. i took the bus this morning. fun times for $1

HUGE bust. GSP kept updating my forecasted totals yesterday until I was up to 5.5" by the time it started snowing. I got about half an inch. It did get much colder this morning than forecast. 23.

Near downtown Greensboro circa 8am:

photo-9_zpsa51a20fa.jpg

I'm sad for you all. It happens in Cincinnati quite frequently. Oh, weatherman, we are going to get 5". Lolz TWDeac i'm just trolling you.

This is the first significant snow in two years in the Triad, IIRC. Global warming, man.

Back