• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

We got nothing in Raleigh. The roads are totally clear. Best traffic morning ever.

i'm convinced greg fischel hasn't gotten over the fact that he missed the big snow in 2000 so every time there is a chance of snow, he jumps on the bandwagon. he called for a little ice in the treetops and the next morning there was like 18" on the ground.

i'm convinced greg fischel hasn't gotten over the fact that he missed the big snow in 2000 so every time there is a chance of snow, he jumps on the bandwagon. he called for a little ice in the treetops and the next morning there was like 18" on the ground.

That was the most magical night ever. We'd been at a canes game that night and came out to 2" of slushy ice everywhere and barely made it home, then when we woke up you couldn't discern road from yard because the snow was too deep to show the curb. Pretty much my favorite day. I can still picture that first glance out my bedroom window..

I guess it depends on one's personal definition. I live in midtown Raleigh and, IMO, it would be very generous to even call it a "heavy dusting." A "dusting"...sure, I could accept that.

Weird about the wrecks on I-40. I encountered some black ice on an overpass coming into work, but otherwise the roads were not only clear, they were basically dry.

40 eastbound under the Sandy Ridge overpass, a sedan lost a battle with a tanker truck. whether he meant to or not, he tried the Fast & Furious drive-under-the-truck move and, well, it didn't work. ugly. back ups on both B-40 and I-40 eastbound

We went from Hickory to Davidson last night for a basketball game. Never saw any snow in Davidson, but got into pretty heavy snow showers in Iredell County. I-40 was getting a little treacherous from Statesville going west, and the ground was pretty well covered (and my 4 year old daughter was shrieking with excitement). About a mile away from the Catawba County line, the snow stopped abruptly, and by the time we got to Hickory there was no snow at all on the ground, the roads were completely clear, and you could see the moon in the sky. Crazy.

Out by RDU just a dusting on the ground. Could use any road updates between here and Greensboro if people have been out, but I'm guessing by noon when my meeting is over there shouldn't be any issues, especially since it's all highway.

Our neighborhood is slushy, and the sun has already cleared the driveway and sidewalk for you.

We got probably 2-3 inches here in High Point. It's so sunny today, though, that most of it will probably be melted by the end of the day. I could see some shady secondary roads still being a problem tonight.

Possible snow/ice event for next Sat/Sun.

I thought about this as a possibility when people were mentioning having heard thunder during the storm on Thursday (given the old wives tale that we were told as kids--thunder in the wintertime would mean snow within 10 days).

Okay, now the potential has increased. Ice/snow/freezing rain in the Piedmont on Friday. It will be ugly wherever it happens.

Begin local news panic mode:

Back