• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Okay, now the potential has increased. Ice/snow/freezing rain in the Piedmont on Friday. It will be ugly wherever it happens.

Begin local news panic mode:

Ehh. In Charlotte, we might as well be living in Miami. Same amount of snow/ice the past 2 years.

I haven't looked much at timing, but i think it is Pre-Dawn Friday through Friday night. For the Triad, there is a better chance for snow. Here's Allan Huffman's map:

1358867544_6718_outlook.jpg

from his blog: http://www.examiner.com/article/a-cold-week-ahead-with-wintry-weather-possible-by-friday

With lower ground temps before the moisture arrives, I think this could be worse than last week in the triad, especially the ice.

I need to drive from DC to Lynchburg on Friday, hopefully it's not too bad on the mountainous parts of 29 south of CVille.

drew and you other weather types. Can I take that 12z NAM at face value? It shows Cincinnati getting 4-6 inches on Friday/Saturday and I need to know if I should be getting excited.

drew and you other weather types. Can I take that 12z NAM at face value? It shows Cincinnati getting 4-6 inches on Friday/Saturday and I need to know if I should be getting excited.

Never take models at face value, but it does indicate that something is coming. If the other models show similar solutions, then you can get excited.

yeah the newer models are showing less for DC/Maryland, in the 1-4" range depending on location.

Some models show next to nothing, some show significant snow with some ice, others showing major ice storm. Typical NC weather.

So for the Triad we are still up in the air as to whether it will be rain/ice/snow?

Back