• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Winter Storm Watch posted for the ATL metro. Wow. I'm hoping this means good news for snow further up I-85.

oh my God. If Atlanta gets bad weather I am totally screwed for flying back Thursday night. I specifically routed this trip through ATL instead of Detroit to try and avoid bad weather. Shit.

So if I'm reading that correctly then 7-9 inches are expected in Forsyth County...

That's a fair bit of snow haha.

Drew--do you really think the roads are still too warm for snow to stick? It's been really cold and rainy the past 3 days in Winston.

I would definitely take I-40 from Knoxville. How bad could it be? Even if you're delayed or forced to drive slow, you're talking a 7.5 hour drive if you go through Atlanta.

I don't know, I40 in between the state line and asheville is a really rough road. It could turn into an absolute shit show with a fair amount of snow. Plus, going down the black mountain area seems a bit ominous to me as well in that type of weather.

Last edited:
With the rates of snow at 2" per hour plus, everything will stick everywhere. Rush hour Friday will suck.

I don't know, I40 in between the state line and asheville is a really rough road. It could turn into an absolute shit show with a fair amount of snow. Plus, going down the black mountain area seems a bit ominous to me as well in that type of weather.

Yeah that's not a good idea even in rain, much less snow.

Yeah that's not a good idea even in rain, much less snow.

Haha, no kidding. Last time I drove that in heavy rain defs hydroplaned a few times going downhill on that stretch. Luckily only briefly. Scary stuff.

Whatever happens I would like it to start after 9:45p on Thursday and get me out of work on Friday. Please and thank you.

Remind me to kick your ass next time I see you.

God I fucking hate snow.

Haha well luckily I don't have any class/work on Friday, so it won't mess up much for me.

Assuming it won't start until late Thursday evening.

LK don't you work from home? Stop being a whiner!!

1) Yes, but it's really damn hard to work from home when 3 kids are stuck home from school for the day.

2) I have a tee time at 10 AM on Saturday and I haven't played golf yet in 2013, and not getting to play Saturday will piss me off because

3) I fly to California for business all next week, so I will not get to play golf until the following week.

Back