• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

So...what is the outlook for flights scheduled to arrive in Charlotte tomorrow afternoon?

So...what is the outlook for flights scheduled to arrive in Charlotte tomorrow afternoon?

pg9b_plane_72dpi.jpg

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS... ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES ARE EXPECTED

* TIMING... THE CHANGEOVER IS EXPECTED IN THE TRIAD REGION EARLY THIS EVENING... REACHING THE TRIANGLE AREA BY MID TO LATE EVENING. THE SNOW WILL DIMINISH WEST TO EAST AFTER 1 AM... ENDING IN THE EAST BY 4 AM.

* IMPACTS... SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR WILL QUICKLY LEAD TO AN ACCUMULATION ON GRASSY SURFACES. DUE TO THE WARM PAVEMENT AND THE RAIN EXPECTED PRIOR TO CHANGEOVER... MOST ROADS WILL INITIALLY REMAIN WET BUT MAY BECOME VERY SLUSHY... ESPECIALLY WHERE THE HEAVIER SNOWFALL RATES OCCUR. TEMPERATURES NEAR OR SLIGHTLY BELOW FREEZING BY EARLY FRIDAY MORNING WILL LEAD TO ROADS QUICKLY BECOMING SLICK AND HAZARDOUS... .ESPECIALLY WEST OF THE TRIANGLE. TRAVEL WILL REMAIN DANGEROUS THROUGH MOST OF FRIDAY MORNING

You have to lick the window and then turn around three times. Then you'll see the snow.

I'm skeptical about this storm....so much rain right now and it's still in the 40s. I know a front is supposed to come through and the temps will drop quickly and we'll see a change over, but I'm just not bullish right now....

Looks like there is some wintry mix around the Wake area. Looks like freezing rain.

When I walked out a few minutes ago, you could see tiny dippin dots sized snowflakes occasionally mixed in with the snow. Gimme dem huge flakes.

All rain still
Just about all forecasts have trended back to around 2-4 inches for Asheville <3500ft elevation in Central and Southern WNC. I'll actually be surprised to see that looking at the radars....seems like we might get an hour or two of heavy rain on wet ground and then all the precip will be gone.

Back