• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Still no power in NW Winston Salem (Moravian Forest). Lots of ice still on the trees.

Damn. We lost power in Wallburg from 9-11:30 this morning, and went out at 1 and the ice was falling off the trees by then. Went to HMB/Stratford area for a few hours, and power was on and trees were mostly clear.

Hope your service is restored before it gets too dark.

Brief power loss for us today.

Cable/internet/phone out all day and still; third time in 2 weeks.

Oh well, happy to have power.

They got the prediction pretty wrong in the DC area. I think as of Friday they were still saying 2-4” for us. It started Saturday at 4pm and didn’t stop until late last night. I haven’t checked this morning but it was at least 9” when I went to bed.

Schools closed. Feds closed (that weren’t already closed) #snurlough

d764e407f54e26e7c7103a8956baa18e.jpg

Weird storm. Here in SW High Point is was just a basic cold rain. No damage at all, no power loss.

It was weird. At church yesterday, people who came from Clemmons/Davie County were surprised at how much more ice there was on the trees here in South Fork than they had just a few miles away.

Greensboro proper just got some minor icing, apparently a lot of power out in the northern half of guilford county. We had a 2 hour delay for schools today, not entirely sure why since by all accounts the icing was limited to trees and not roads. #2&2batsignal

Greensboro proper just got some minor icing, apparently a lot of power out in the northern half of guilford county. We had a 2 hour delay for schools today, not entirely sure why since by all accounts the icing was limited to trees and not roads. #2&2batsignal
Per my family, Rockingham County got absolutely rocked. Could parts of Northern Guilford, like Stokesdale be the reason? All of my family lives either in Madison or just above the RoCo line, so I have no real eyes or ears in Northern Guilford County.

Next to nothing in Asheville (wife's car had a very thin glaze on it), or at least the north side of Asheville.
I drove to Charlotte, via 40 to 321 yesterday and while there was nothing in Asheville, Black Mountain had pretty significant icing and places between old fort and hickory had moderate icing. (roads were all fine by the AM Sunday)
There was a pretty distinct line where icing stopped, just north of Lincolnton

Next to nothing in Asheville (wife's car had a very thin glaze on it), or at least the north side of Asheville.
I drove to Charlotte, via 40 to 321 yesterday and while there was nothing in Asheville, Black Mountain had pretty significant icing and places between old fort and hickory had moderate icing. (roads were all fine by the AM Sunday)
There was a pretty distinct line where icing stopped, just north of Lincolnton

it was the same going south ("east" technically) on 26 when going from Asheville to Tryon. nothing in Asheville until you got around Biltmore Park and trees were heavily iced along 26 through the Saluda Grade. was really cool/eery driving through the Green River Gorge.

Per my family, Rockingham County got absolutely rocked. Could parts of Northern Guilford, like Stokesdale be the reason? All of my family lives either in Madison or just above the RoCo line, so I have no real eyes or ears in Northern Guilford County.

I'm sure that's why. One argument for having smaller school districts. it happens pretty often that conditions in one part of the county cause the entire county to miss school time even though half or more of the county is just fine.

i am in full 2&2 rage mode over the dry road 2-hour delay this morning.

Even with the 2-hr delay this morning, I had several students involved in wrecks due to the still icy conditions. I had no issues on the main roads but more rural roads & roads within developments were VERY problematic.

Even with the 2-hr delay this morning, I had several students involved in wrecks due to the still icy conditions. I had no issues on the main roads but more rural roads & roads within developments were VERY problematic.

where are you? There was nothing but dry roads in Greensboro.

I ran this morning in HP and had zero issues. There was one area where standing water in a corner pothole had frozen, but that’s it.

And since we can’t edit...

It’s BS that due to the snow closures, school starts 5 min earlier to comply with required teaching hours, but they can throw a 2hr delay out without concern.

Either time matters or it doesn’t.

Back