• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

My kid in private school has school today, the one in CMS does not.

WSFCS cancelled for tomorrow AND Wednesday.

Given the forecast calls for daily highs in the low 40s and then overnight temps in the 20s, we are in for a cycle of melting and freezing. And since WSFCS has an "all or none" policy, the side streets still iced over later this week will have school closed all week.

The cheap snow shovel I bought 10 years ago was not made for 14.5” of snow.

I have bought several of the cheap snow shovels and finally gave in and bought a good one a couple of years ago. Money well spent.

I have a good snow shovel, and it still took three hours to dig out completely.

I’ve had my fill of snow for a while.

I have a good snow shovel, and it still took three hours to dig out completely.

I’ve had my fill of snow for a while.

Took me about 2.5 and other hour at my in-laws. My shovel is just has no bend in the blade or handle so it’s just complete hell on the back hunched over the whole time to get the angle.

I have a plastic shovel with a metal blade. After this storm I HAD a plastic shovel with a metal blade. Luckily I got the walkway done reasonably close to the end of the storm.

You have to take it in layers when snow is that deep. Take about 5 or 6 inches of depth in a shovelful.

WSFCS out again tomorrow (Thursday) and the fact they announced it so early in the day has me thinking Friday might not happen either.

Guilford out Thursday as well. The private school where my wife works is going back with a 10 AM start though so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I have recently developed a pet peeve regarding everyone in my office discussing how much snow fell at their house, as if the snow totals in Winston were significantly different than surrounding areas. Somehow everyone thinks they personally are in the arctic circle and everyone else is in a tropical paradise. East Bend apparently got 10 feet of snow. Can't wait for this to be over.

I have recently developed a pet peeve regarding everyone in my office discussing how much snow fell at their house, as if the snow totals in Winston were significantly different than surrounding areas. Somehow everyone thinks they personally are in the arctic circle and everyone else is in a tropical paradise. East Bend apparently got 10 feet of snow. Can't wait for this to be over.

Ha. Knew I liked you for a reason. Its literally all the rage here. People boast about how much snow they get. Weird. Oh, and we got 7" at our house in case you were wondering.

hopefully the rain will now come wash it all away. snow is nice to look at while it's falling and before the roads are plowed, but now it's just an ugly black/grey/brown slushy icy mess.

Back