• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

12-12-12 Sandy Relief Concert

2&2 Slider To Leyritz

Reaction score
This is projected to be the largest viewed concert in history, with close to 2 billion people expected to see it broadcast live from MSG. The performers are Springsteen, Paul McCartney, The Who, the Rolling Stones, Clapton, Eddie Vedder, Kanye West, Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Roger Waters, Dave Grohl, and a bunch of other people. It is being shown live on 30 US TV stations and a bunch of internet outlets.

I imagine it will be a lot like the Rock & Roll HOF concerts from MSG from a few years ago, with a lot of groups interchanging members and playing each other's songs.

I'm sure the usual hipsters will chime in about the lack of Bon Iver, but it stands to be a good show nonetheless. It will be interesting to see how much money they raise.

Why would we cry about Bon Iver when we've got BON JOVI?

I tried getting tickets to this thing. Needless to say it did not go according to plan

Settled in. Enjoyed Waters and Vedder, a lot of rich pretty ppl up front, Ben Stiller annoyed with Brian Williams . . . quality television.

This is projected to be the largest viewed concert in history, with close to 2 billion people expected to see it broadcast live from MSG.

I heard it differently. 2 billion people would have the ability to watch it, not expected to watch it. Slight difference in wording, but its quite a difference in meaning.

I'm following BobStack's lead.

So much coin in the arena. Park and Madison Aves represent.

Did I hear that correctly? Did that guy Whoopi brought to Brian really just say "I want to give a million dollars"??

Clapton is just crushing it right now. Sounds amazing.

Kanye is ruining a good night. This is hilariously awful. Why did they think he would fit in with all the rock legends in the lineup? Should have given Eddie Vedder this timeslot.

Kanye is ruining a good night. This is hilariously awful. Why did they think he would fit in with all the rock legends in the lineup? Should have given Eddie Vedder this timeslot.

I have never thought that lyric intensive hip hop/rap translated that well to the live stage, particularly because it usually surrounds one person, but that's just me, and I'm old.

Kanye played all of his hits and has been wearing that since the Watch the Throne tour, which was awesome*

*young person

They should have had Bruce, Bon Jovi, and Billy Joel last. Weird order.

We're just getting Clapton here. In the mid/late 60s, the saying was "Clapton is God." Nearly fifty years later, it's just as true.

I agree. i don't why McCartney is closing the show.

Clapton's bassist, Nathan East is a great player and a really, really nice guy.

I had heard they were going to do a nirvana revival with Dave and sir Paul filling in for Kurt. It would be a shame if that got cut.

Back