• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gun Control Laws

There are about 30,000 gun-related fatalities in the US each year. If gun laws bring that number down to 25,000, is that not a good thing?

Of course. But we could probably create that reduction by promoting responsible gun ownership.
Plus, when someone breaks into my house wielding a revolver I don't want to have to fumble around for my rifle.

Of course. But we could probably create that reduction by promoting responsible gun ownership.
Plus, when someone breaks into my house wielding a revolver I don't want to have to fumble around for my rifle.

How do you promote responsible gun ownership without regulating it? If this can be done without new regulation, why in the hell is the NRA not actively using their millions of dollars to do so? If they are, it's obviously not working.

How do you promote responsible gun ownership without regulating it? If this can be done without new regulation, why in the hell is the NRA not actively using their millions of dollars to do so? If they are, it's obviously not working.

Because the NRA is more industry lobby than gun owner group?

Junebug-- What are your ideas of how to "promote responsible gun ownership"?

We don't know for sure that this was planned. He could have gotten into an argument with his mother, shot her in the face, and snapped.

How do you accomplish this?

As a gun owner, I don't have any problem registering my firearms. Database #1. I guess the hard part is building database #2, since there are medical privileges (and desirable ones at that) at play. I'd have to think about it. At the moment, I'm having trouble seeing past the fact that we're averaging a gun massacre more frequently than I change my oil. 20 unarmed kids shot by a guy we KNEW was crazy? That can't happen.

I left Franklin Street about fifteen minutes before Wendell Williamson (known crazy) opened up and killed two people. It's not something that happens somewhere else. It's something that hasn't happened here yet.

I'm still waiting for any person to come up with a legitimate reason why non-federally licensed dealer should be allowed to sell guns at gun shows without background to anyone who has enough cash.

Last edited:
And you wonder why his business partners ran him out of their company?

If you must make this about me, you'll be happy to hear that I landed a large client with a litigation stream that is going to require us to hire additional associates to do the work. It'll be fantastic, because making the rain means I don't have to do the work. I'm confident I will be compensated appropriately.

How's the phone card business these days?

If you must make this about me, you'll be happy to hear that I landed a large client with a litigation stream that is going to require us to hire additional associates to do the work. It'll be fantastic, because making the rain means I don't have to do the work. I'm confident I will be compensated appropriately.

Haven't done anything like that for a decade......but don't let facts get in your way.

Yes, because RJKarl, who hates personal attacks by the way, clearly knows more about what is going on in Junebug's life than Junebug.

*Tone* The poster you've dialed is not in service. Please leave him negrep, and dial again. Thank you, and goodbye"

Back