• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Our Next BB Coach or #MannUp + other coach talk

Is there any talk about Andy Kennedy being let go at Ole Miss? I've tried to look through Ole Miss boards and twitter, but don't see much. Do people just not care? Are we 100% sure he would chose his alma mater (terrible job) over Wake if offered by both?

You make assumptions about people you don't know. That's such a good idea.

So do you.

Everyone makes assumptions about public figures, whether they are college basketball coaches or politicians

Our Next BB Coach or Mike White et al.

Is there any talk about Andy Kennedy being let go at Ole Miss? I've tried to look through Ole Miss boards and twitter, but don't see much. Do people just not care? Are we 100% sure he would chose his alma mater (terrible job) over Wake if offered by both?

Yes, there's talk about it. There's concern that they may take Mike White. Whether he's take Ole Miss over Wake if offered both is unclear.

Nobody knows who it will be yet. Wellman is playing this one close to the vest. The hiring is his ultimately his decision and he isn't even in a position to announce the Bz firing for a couple more days. I suspect after Bz is let go early next week that it still takes a while (longer than we'd all like) to announce a new coach. And the rumors will only get louder in the meantime.

I'll be pretty pissed off if it doesn't take at least a week to announce the hire. No way should we be looking at a candidate who won't be coaching at least through the first weekend of the NCAAT.

So do you.

Everyone makes assumptions about public figures, whether they are college basketball coaches or politicians

Just because bob or you have a preconceived notion about someone doesn't make it right.

How did I know rj's "connections" would somehow wind their way into our coaching search?

Then it was my bad...many here would have said that seriously....one of the guys has known Howland since they played together in summer leagues.

He's a guy I'd be interested in as well. He's a good longshot. I might rather have him than White.

man, stands are EMPTY for this game. early morning starts are fucking stupid

I'm mixed on Manning. I'd feel better about hiring him from Self's staff than from a 20 win Tulsa team.

Jim Cornette
d3be331bb9fa60d7e6ccd2772ef5864d.jpg

Tom Crean
tom-crean2.jpg

Back