• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Windows 8

ConnorEl

Reaction score
Who else is using this? Are you having any trouble posting here? On the gun control thread I can't seem to multiquote or make links that work.

Tried with IE10 and Chrome. Not working.

Is this a Windows 8 thing or what else would it maybe be?

Try using Firefox and report back. It might be a Vbulletin issue, but I'm not 100% sure.

I think I read that firefox isn't Windows 8 ready...will check again.

Who else is using this? Are you having any trouble posting here? On the gun control thread I can't seem to multiquote or make links that work.

Tried with IE10 and Chrome. Not working.

Is this a Windows 8 thing or what else would it maybe be?

Try using Firefox and report back. It might be a Vbulletin issue, but I'm not 100% sure.

Trying this with Firefox. Will try the same link that failed on the other thread: Levi Karlsen bought $700,000 life insurance policy 17 days before police say the CNY man was murdered

So it's all good with Firefox. Why in the world would it work on this thread in firefox but not on the other thread with IE10 or Chrome? Maybe there was just some glitch with my browsing session and I just needed to log out and back in? Will try now with one of the two other browsers.

Not 100% sure. Hopefully the next Chrome IE10 update will resolve the issue. I'll keep an eye out for potential fixes.

So it's all good with Firefox. Why in the world would it work on this thread in firefox but not on the other thread with IE10 or Chrome? Maybe there was just some glitch with my browsing session and I just needed to log out and back in? Will try now with one of the two other browsers.

Now trying with IE10: Levi Karlsen bought $700,000 life insurance policy 17 days before police say the CNY man was murdered

OK...must have been some glitch in my earlier browsing session. Now working with IE10.

Still...24 hours of playing with Windows 8 has not left me feeling positive about it. Hopefully I'll get used to it...and they'll get the bugs out.

Come to think of it, however, the attempts that failed earlier with IE10 and Chrome were separate browsing sessions. So I'm at a loss to explain or speculate as to the problem. Oh well, seems OK now.

OK...must have been some glitch in my earlier browsing session. Now working with IE10.

Still...24 hours of playing with Windows 8 has not left me feeling positive about it. Hopefully I'll get used to it...and they'll get the bugs out.

I've been using it on my laptop for about two months now and love it, takes some getting used to, but once you figure out the shortcuts/realize it's super easy to get to desktop mode, then it really isn't much different than 7 and is a good bit faster. The boot up times are amazing. There are some open source options out there for bringing back the start button for your desktop mode too, if you really miss it.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I suspect I'll like it in the end. Just trying to adjust.

One thing is I'm still mostly using a email address from my isp (twc) and the mail program on Windows 8 won't work with a POP account. So I've got to use some other client or switch over to a gmail account or something. Not a huge deal, but why not make your email program compatible with POP accounts? Don't many people still have those? Grr...

I see a few other posts from others that didn't quote properly. So maybe there's some site glitch?

I'm already becoming a little more comfortable with Windows 8. So at this rate I'll love it in a couple of weeks.

I see a few other posts from others that didn't quote properly. So maybe there's some site glitch?

I'm already becoming a little more comfortable with Windows 8. So at this rate I'll love it in a couple of weeks.

People mess them up all the time. I try to fix them when I find them. The coding is finnicky. If you bold part of the code([/quote]), it will break the quote.

Back